website Matt's Peppers

I visited your website. What are you selling? Seeds or peppers? What is the quantity for the listed price?

Hey Matt. Congrat’s on getting the website up and going. I like your site. Lots of unique ornamental and variegated varieties in addition to the more common stuff. Cool tomatoes too. I was surprised to see you had Rooster Spur pepper seeds, which I’d been keeping an eye out for.

I was planning to post a vendor review since I didn't see a thread for you yet, but you beat me too it. My experience was I ordered seeds a couple weeks ago on Friday and they arrived the following Tuesday. I planted Golden Reaper, Texas Rice, Mutant Gum, Uchu Cream x Mutant Twilight and a Blau Zimmertomate micro tomato for my current indoor grow. Everything germinated quickly except the Texas Rice, which I expected to take a little longer. I’ve had good experiences with Matt’s seeds previously, so I’m expecting the same, and plan to get some pic's posted once they get a little bigger. The foliage on some of these is looking really cool already.

Cheers, Matt. Good luck with the new site!

Well Pal, since you asked..

That site needs some work, especially if you don't have time for questions.. The varieties are nice, but many lack any description at all. You claim to be short of time, but you've advertised on this platform three times now since you launched. How much time should a person have to spend cross-referencing your labels and researching, trying to figure out what you are offering? How much time does it take to type out a basic description? If I didn't know you from around here.. Hadn't benefited from your participation around here.. I would have been out of there after the second description-lacking entry, because I also value my time.

What I did order arrived on time, and looked okay. I have no doubts they are good seed, due to past experiences with your stock.

Curious as to what kind of tape you are using for the shipping labels, as they come off the package nicely, but only when you want them too.. I'd stick with that, as it makes them easy to reuse. Definitely knowledge that would be beneficial, shared around the community.

FTR, I didn't want to leave you a bad review, but your communication habits and professionalism is something that is already hurting you, whether you realize it or not.. Maybe this has just become normalized in the pepper communities, because I've had the same with some other vendors.. You are one of the few who will probably hear about it, because you asked.. Others just won't see any more traffic from me.

As a customer, I might be needy at times, but I'm also loyal, to a fault.. When I feel I'm backing good business and someone who isn't just around to collect from their online bubblegum machine. If I get the impression someone doesn't care about their business, I won't either.
It's a nice start, and only wish you the best. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Matt. Congrat’s on getting the website up and going. I like your site. Lots of unique ornamental and variegated varieties in addition to the more common stuff. Cool tomatoes too. I was surprised to see you had Rooster Spur pepper seeds, which I’d been keeping an eye out for.

I was planning to post a vendor review since I didn't see a thread for you yet, but you beat me too it. My experience was I ordered seeds a couple weeks ago on Friday and they arrived the following Tuesday. I planted Golden Reaper, Texas Rice, Mutant Gum, Uchu Cream x Mutant Twilight and a Blau Zimmertomate micro tomato for my current indoor grow. Everything germinated quickly except the Texas Rice, which I expected to take a little longer. I’ve had good experiences with Matt’s seeds previously, so I’m expecting the same, and plan to get some pic's posted once they get a little bigger. The foliage on some of these is looking really cool already.

Cheers, Matt. Good luck with the new site!

Thank you CD! I really appreciate your support.

It's been a very long and often tedious process getting everything organized and situated. With the seeds and labeling as well as with the digital side of things.

Mutantgum were one of my absolute favorites this year and well as the Blau Zimmertomate. Mutantgum I picked up in a trade from my friend Donato Parisi in Italy and the Blau Zimmertomate were from my friend Inna in Russia. Had a few different phenos on the Mutantgum, so you may want to keep a couple of those if you have the space and see what shows up.

Cheers and thank you again :cheers:

Well Pal, since you asked..

That site needs some work, especially if you don't have time for questions.. The varieties are nice, but many lack any description at all. You claim to be short of time, but you've advertised on this platform three times now since you launched. How much time should a person have to spend cross-referencing your labels and researching, trying to figure out what you are offering? How much time does it take to type out a basic description? If I didn't know you from around here.. Hadn't benefited from your participation around here.. I would have been out of there after the second description-lacking entry, because I also value my time.

What I did order arrived on time, and looked okay. I have no doubts they are good seed, due to past experiences with your stock.

Curious as to what kind of tape you are using for the shipping labels, as they come off the package nicely, but only when you want them too.. I'd stick with that, as it makes them easy to reuse. Definitely knowledge that would be beneficial, shared around the community.

FTR, I didn't want to leave you a bad review, but your communication habits and professionalism is something that is already hurting you, whether you realize it or not.. Maybe this has just become normalized in the pepper communities, because I've had the same with some other vendors.. You are one of the few who will probably hear about it, because you asked.. Others just won't see any more traffic from me.

As a customer, I might be needy at times, but I'm also loyal, to a fault.. When I feel I'm backing good business and someone who isn't just around to collect from their online bubblegum machine. If I get the impression someone doesn't care about their business, I won't either.
It's a nice start, and only wish you the best. :cheers:
Lol, I suppose that's fair. Definitely a work in progress. (And nobody calls somebody Pal on the internet with good intentions do they?)

I am very short on time. That's true. If you hadn't noticed, my posting here has decreased dramatically in the past couple of years. I wish I still had the amount of free time I had back then.

It takes a lot of time to write out a 'basic description' when I have 200 varieties on offer. Keeping track of inventory, taking pictures of everything, organizing seeds and labels... It has been an insane amount of work getting to the point I'm at right now. I have a full time job, a family and many responsibilities. My free time is very valuable to me.

How much time should I spend responding to folks who it's clear from the get go are going to be difficult to deal with?

I use DYMO labels for the envelopes and Avery labels for the baggies.

Cheers. Have a good one.

Lol, I suppose that's fair. Definitely a work in progress. (And nobody calls somebody Pal on the internet with good intentions do they?)

I am very short on time. That's true. If you hadn't noticed, my posting here has decreased dramatically in the past couple of years. I wish I still had the amount of free time I had back then.

It takes a lot of time to write out a 'basic description' when I have 200 varieties on offer. Keeping track of inventory, taking pictures of everything, organizing seeds and labels... It has been an insane amount of work getting to the point I'm at right now. I have a full time job, a family and many responsibilities. My free time is very valuable to me.

How much time should I spend responding to folks who it's clear from the get go are going to be difficult to deal with?

I use DYMO labels for the envelopes and Avery labels for the baggies.

Cheers. Have a good one.
That's about how I thought you felt about me too.. If my requests were too difficult, while you were running a sale, I guess we just won't be a good fit. No worries. I certainly don't like to be a bother.
Regardless of what you may think, I've got nothing but the best intentions for you, and everyone else in these communities.. Even the ones I don't agree with, or care for their views.

Also.. You used a photocopied piece of paper for my shipping label, attached with about 1/2" wide tape, not a DYMO.. My question was in regards to that tape.

Take care.

Last edited:
Back