Maximizing Plant bed area.

Hello THP, I have graciously been graced by the tree cutting gods and my neighbors cut down both of their TOWERING 100 foot trees that shaded 80% of my backyard..

That being said, I was granted a corner of the family yard to do my own thing and have 2 beds planned. 8' by 4' long each with a 1-2 foot space between the beds allowing for harvest. 

With regards to plant spacing etc as im mostly a container grower. How many can I get in the plots while maintaining good growth?

Thanks
Kurt 
2pyp0eu.png

OKGrowin said:
yeah i would do the checkerway if i had those. Maybe put two on the ends since there will be some room to grow out.

_x
x_
_x
x_
_x
x_
_x
x_

then you can just run a dripline in a circle around the bed one hour a day or something and you're good to go..
Yeah then I could fit around 16 plants in each bed with decent space between. Planting only 8 seems like a waste.

2' between rows is more than needed. Reduce the outside and inter-row spacing to 1' and you can add another row!

Old: 2(edge) + 2(grow) + 2(walkway) + 2(grow) + 2(edge) = 10'

New: 1(edge) + 2(grow) + 1(walkway) + 2(grow) + 1(walkway) + 2(grow) + 1(edge) = 10'

In late summer your walkways will be pretty overgrown, but you will have more pepper so...YAY!

PepperWhisperer said:
2' between rows is more than needed. Reduce the outside and inter-row spacing to 1' and you can add another row!

Old: 2(edge) + 2(grow) + 2(walkway) + 2(grow) + 2(edge) = 10'

New: 1(edge) + 2(grow) + 1(walkway) + 2(grow) + 1(walkway) + 2(grow) + 1(edge) = 10'

In late summer your walkways will be pretty overgrown, but you will have more pepper so...YAY!
Great idea man.  Thanks!!!!

Back