Me Vs The 'mexican chilli pepper' (japones?)

Hey Guys

So Here's my second pod review.

I test the 'mexican chilli pepper'.

Feedback always appreciated positive or negative.
G

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0LzmrMmo4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Mmmm ok.........

Maybe its a "Super Chile" F1 Hybrid, they can look like a Tabasco from afar, it's hard to judge the fruit size from the camera angles. Color and form screamed "Tabasco", google images of "Tabasco chile/pepper" and you will see why. Japones are usually longer than that and usually grow in clusters. Just trying to help you out.

Hi George. Nice review and really great looking plant. 

It doesn`t look like a japones plant to me, nor is it de arbol, although the chilis look a lot like de arbol. Superchili is a possibility, but there are quite a few that have that lovely growth habit. 

I`d bet these would be awesome as powder.

Cheers guys.

I've had tabasco plants before, very different in flavour and appearance to what I have here.

The only info I got when I purchased it was メクシカン チーリ ペッパー which phonetically spells mexican chilli pepper.

Regardless, it is a great plant to have!

Gonna do a review for a Japanese variety later - takanotsume!

Chiles japones means Japanese chili's I find them in the Hispanic section at Walmart,, I can find them dry and had them before hey are C Annumm and are like a cayenne pepper in shape but smaller they have a good tame annumm flavor and feel like 5000-15000 SHU the peppers you had may be some sort of Tabasco or Thai variety but nice plant man health looking,,

Japones means Japanese in Spanish.BUT I think it has become a Landrace variety over the years.

The mexican version is different than what you post about.

Looks nothing like Mexican Japones.

I see several Chiles sold as Japones but I think true Mex. Japones have evolved into a landrace Mexican variety that is about 4in. long and 1/2-3/4 inches wide.
Probably crossed with other chilis along the way to be what they are now.

Sold here dried in Mex. Markets.
VERY similar to Puya Chiles.

Your pods look like several oriental stir fry types-Vietnamese and Thai types.

Not Mexican Japones.

If you lived in the U.S. Id send you a few dried market pods of several things-puya,japone,ca chile,guajillo,new mex etc..

Customs makes my offer useless.

Back