• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

Amazing list of peppers for this season. I see you like your Habs. Best of luck this season, and ill be watching this one.

Real nice setup and grow list!! I'll keep you in mind for possible seed trades in the future.

I have never used the "coco-plugs" before, looks really interesting!! I think I might swap over from the Rapid Rooter Grow Plugs I used last year.

Jack

Good work man! Glad you started a log!

Thanks buddy, although I don't have alot of time I didn't want to start late again. Hows it going over there?

That looks realy great Meatfreak.
You are gonna burnnn :flamethrower:

Hows it going with your growlist for 2012, figured it out already?

Real nice setup and grow list!! I'll keep you in mind for possible seed trades in the future.

I have never used the "coco-plugs" before, looks really interesting!! I think I might swap over from the Rapid Rooter Grow Plugs I used last year.

Jack

Thanks! It's the first time I use the coco-plugs also, before I used the "Deno Method" wich gave me good results but was a bit more tricky after they sprouted.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words!

Very nice organization and set up. I love the cupcake-like size of the cells. Is this 60 count made of metal?
Also, your list is impressive. Best of luck in your growing this season.

Ha. It's cold. Just trying to finalize the 40 plants for this years garden. I have a small yard. :(

On the bright side I can always compensate my grow at the Bowers Chili Fest!

Ha. It's cold. Just trying to finalize the 40 plants for this years garden. I have a small yard. :(

On the bright side I can always compensate my grow at the Bowers Chili Fest!

Mine isn't big either, half of the plants is going too grow at someone else his garden wich has alot of space and also a greenhouse I can use :D

Very nice organization and set up. I love the cupcake-like size of the cells. Is this 60 count made of metal?
Also, your list is impressive. Best of luck in your growing this season.

Thanks! The tray is made out of plastic, so low weight and cheap. Offcourse you can also fill it with soil if you don't wanna use plugs.

Hey meatfreak,
I like your systematic approach. Very detailed, your ideas will help make things run smooth for you through the final harvest.....take my word on that!
Nice list of Habanero's, you also have chili's good for making powder, Golden Cayenne, Aji Pineapple.
Good luck with the rest of your grow, your off to a good start.

Greg

Looking good meat :) You sure you have enough habanero peppers in your list? :-P setup looks good too hope you will have plenty of peppers next season

A week has passed, so time for an update :) At this moment 19 seeds are germinated, some of them already after 4 days. Since this was the first time I used these coco-plugs I have some comments about them.

Pros:
Easy in use.
Just plug it into the soil.

Cons:
You have to mist the top of it every day because it dries out pretty quickly.
I also have my doubts about the germination rates, those were alot higher with the previous method I used.

For now I leave it as it is, but if the rest doesnt germinate in atleast 2 weeks I will use my previous method again for the rest of my list.

The ones that germinated:
Habanero Bazooka 2/0
Habanero Big Jamaican 2/2
Habanero Big Sun 2/0
Habanero Black Congo 2/0
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget 2/2
Habanero Chocolate Congo 2/0
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1 2/1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning 2/1
Habanero Condor's Beak 2/0
Habanero Francisca ™ 2/0
Habanero Giant White 2/1
Habanero Golden 2/0
Habanero Jaguar 2/1
Habanero Long Chocolate 4/4
Habanero Mustard 2/1
Habanero Pastel 2/0
Habanero Purple 2/0
Habanero Senegal Chocolate 2/0
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1 2/1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba 2/1
Habanero White Pearl 2/0
Habanero Yellow Bumpy 2/1
Habanero Yucatan White 2/1
Habanero Zavory 2/1
Hurican 2/2
MadballZ 2/0
Monster Naga 2/0
Peito de Moca 2/0
Pimenta Leopard 2/1
SB7J F-1 2/0

test-1-1.jpg

My apologies for the crappy phone pictures
IMAG0115.jpg

Close-up from the Habanero Jaguar & Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1. These are now under my 125w CFL lamp in a unheated propagator.
IMAG0116.jpg

Last weekend the soil I orded came in, total 260 litres of coco soil. Should be enough (I hope :)) Already had 70 litres of perlite ready for mixing with the soil.
IMAG0103-1.jpg

WOW I am impressed with that list!!!!

Thanks, it wasnt easy to choose wich ones I wanted to grow.

Hey meatfreak,
I like your systematic approach. Very detailed, your ideas will help make things run smooth for you through the final harvest.....take my word on that!
Nice list of Habanero's, you also have chili's good for making powder, Golden Cayenne, Aji Pineapple.
Good luck with the rest of your grow, your off to a good start.

Greg

Hey Greg, thanks for the kind words. As time passes on I figured out I should have wait till I got everything ready since I don't have enough room at this moment for the seedlings, so there goes my systematic approach :banghead: So first I'm gonna take care of that before I sow the rest of my list ;)

Looking good meat :) You sure you have enough habanero peppers in your list? :-P setup looks good too hope you will have plenty of peppers next season

Thanks Lando, I think I'm covered for next season ;) Hopefully the weather will be better next year, since this year it was really awfull.

Hey meatfreak,

Misting helps....but the moisture will evaporate fast, especially under lights.
You could fill each hole about the 1/3 of the way up with water. The "jiffy's" will wick up the water.
That helps for both the rooted and the "unborn" seeds....

Greg

Hey meatfreak,

Misting helps....but the moisture will evaporate fast, especially under lights.
You could fill each hole about the 1/3 of the way up with water. The "jiffy's" will wick up the water.
That helps for both the rooted and the "unborn" seeds....

Greg

Thanks for the tip! A couple more germinated today so I think it's gonna be okay, will use the tip though :)

Today I moved some plugs into a p9 pot because they began to stretch for light. Alot germinated today and I'm now at 32 in total of 60.

Habanero Bazooka 2/1
Habanero Big Jamaican 2/2
Habanero Big Sun 2/1
Habanero Black Congo 2/1
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget 2/2
Habanero Chocolate Congo 2/0
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1 2/1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning 2/2
Habanero Condor's Beak 2/0
Habanero Francisca ™ 2/1
Habanero Giant White 2/2
Habanero Golden 2/1
Habanero Jaguar 2/1
Habanero Long Chocolate 4/4
Habanero Mustard 2/1
Habanero Pastel 2/0
Habanero Purple 2/0
Habanero Senegal Chocolate 2/2
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1 2/1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba 2/2
Habanero White Pearl 2/0
Habanero Yellow Bumpy 2/1
Habanero Yucatan White 2/1
Habanero Zavory 2/2
Hurican 2/2
MadballZ 2/0
Monster Naga 2/0
Peito de Moca 2/1
Pimenta Leopard 2/2
SB7J F-1 2/0

My soil mix, coco soil with perlite and vermiculite.
IMAG0119-1.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

Back