• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Megamoo's 2014/2015 Glog

Winter is on its way out so it's time to start a glog for the new growing season. 

Haven't been online for the last few months and haven't had time for chillies.  These last 8 years or so and especially this winter life has thrown some nasty crap my way.  It's taken all my attention but things should be looking up soon.  Can't talk details but you know that film the Shawshank Redemption, when he realises that the wall of the cell is soft and can be tunnelled through? (I think you only see that in a flashback later but..)  I've just had that moment.  There is still a lot of work and a very long crawl through a shit filled pipe to come, but the solution has been found. 

Anyway, I won't have enough time for chilles this season so I'm doing an overwinter grow.  I may not even sow any new seeds, haven't decided yet.  My last season ended with unsuccessful attempts to deal with a chile maggot infestation and I sort of gave up on the garden, leaving it to its own devices throughout winter.  Despite the cold and rain all the plants just kept on producing and remained full of chillies, albeit rotten ones.  Got to love Australia. 

Two weeks ago I finally had some time to get out there and saw that everything had new leaves sprouting so I cut most of it down to stumps.  Today there is lots of new green growth.  Will post some pics this week. 

Sorry to hear things have been tough going mate, but glad you've got hope and a plan for dealing with them. Good on ya for keeping the chiles going through the winter and continuing on with them this year. We're pullin' for ya!

Sorry to hear about all the crap buddy. I have all the confidence you will get through what you have to get through. Your energies here will be missed and we hope that you will get the chance to focus on the chillies and inspire us all with your magic real soon again ;)

Back