• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Melinda's Peri Peri large bottle

Hi everyone. Got that large bottle kicking around and can't find a use for it. It's not a proper hot sauce on it's own: too sour and lacks the heat. Any idea what to do? Marinade something in it?

Strange that Melinda makes that now, they must be aiming for other customers, not me :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_171507.jpg
    IMG_20211111_171507.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 195
Would probably use it as an ingredient to make a spicy ketchup, cocktail sauce for shrimp, or as a marinade, yes. Typically I add a can of beer and the contents of a bottle of hot sauce I didn't like to a large ziploc, and add some dry spice. Instant marinade.

I've used mine to marinate and grill shrimp. It was okay. Haven't found another use for it. Nor have I used much of it. It's in my opinion one of their worst sauces available.

Hmm. How about a base for bloody mary mix? I have a concentrate that has everything but the tomato juice. They also tout it as a hot sauce. But it really only works as bloody mary mix. By itself it tastes like a thick marinade. So my suggestion is grab some tomato juice and use this as the rest, plus some horseradish and fresh lemon and see if that works! Oh yeah, vodka too lol! 😜

I'll try that before I toss it lol. I just realized that I do not have the original Peri-Peri. I have the Peri-Peri and garlic. Looking at the ingredients it would make a pretty good base for a bloody mary. It already contains flavors like garlic black pepper and lemon. I agree would definitely have to add vodka, horseradish and Worcestershire. And of course bhut powder(has to be in my bloody Mary).

I forgot, I always add pickle juice to my bloodys. Seems to elevate them to a new level. And my favorite garnish is pickled okra (which I am sure you can appreciate).

I forgot, I always add pickle juice to my bloodys. Seems to elevate them to a new level. And my favorite garnish is pickled okra (which I am sure you can appreciate).
Pickled okra is a must! I've done the pickle juice before it's quite good the juice from Vidalia onions is quite good as is the juice from an olive jar. My personal favorite is the juice from a jalapeno jar.

Back