• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Merry Meatmas

I read a pork belly thread last summer by a fella by the name Booma...he mentioned a meat machine I never heard of, and I mentioned liking to have one to the Darlin' Bride...then forgot about it.

That woman has a spooky memory for shit.

In my stocking this morning
20191225_104633.jpg

Here's hoping all your seasonal holidays are as pleasantly surprising!

stettoman said:
I read a pork belly thread last summer by a fella by the name Booma...he mentioned a meat machine I never heard of, and I mentioned liking to have one to the Darlin' Bride...then forgot about it.

attachicon.gif
20191225_104633.jpg

i need to get one for sure.  :lol:  :deadhorse:

stettoman said:

attachicon.gif
20191225_104633.jpg

We were chattin' 'bout that tenderizer right here!>pork-belly

I was watching a local food show and they were highlighting a restaurant  that had very tender and tasty steak tips made from a very good cut of beef, sirloin as I remember. As I watched I was surprised to see this great cut processed through below! I guess even a good cut of beef can use a little extra help to insure it's as tender as it is tasty!

Model_H_In_Use-collection2_1400x.jpg

Well kids, this fine 4 lb, 1 oz chunk of NOT wagyu roast is going under the Jaccard momentarily, then will reside in a garlic butter Zatarains marinade until tomorrow...

20200229_143508.jpg

The Smoker is still inaccessible, so my only decision is to roast it long and slow or do the "450°/350°" method. Being as I will be searing my little angus friend I don't know that high heat will be neccessary...Any input from the Gallery of Predominately Carnivorous?

It really depends on exactly what cut that is whether a true dry roasting method or a braise method like a crock pot or Dutch oven would get the best out of it.

Braising a roasting cut or roasting a braising cut usually just turns out disappointing.

Ashen said:
It really depends on exactly what cut that is whether a true dry roasting method or a braise method like a crock pot or Dutch oven would get the best out of it.

Braising a roasting cut or roasting a braising cut usually just turns out disappointing.
As much I love all things carnivore, Ashen, I never spent much time really learning the cuts so much, and ALL our beef and pork come as half-hog or mixed quarters. So there is no labelling on individual pcs (my meat guy gives me more credit than I deserve). My "assumption" is that this is boneless chuck, there were 4 like this one in the crate...

I gotta go to de sto', gonna have the Mamma sear this one for me, that way I get to miss the smoke alarms...I'll have to figure out what to do with it when I get back, but slow cooker is starting to sound appealing...
1583074871127128127172.jpg

Back