auction MFRB Auction

Up for auction is a MFRB, filled to the brim with a variety of organically grown peppers.The opening bid is $60 which includes shipping to the continental USA. The auction will end this Sunday, August 11, at 9:00PM Eastern Time. The box will ship first thing on the morning of August 12.

Here's my list of plants which are currently producing prolifically:

Antilles Fire
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut (Red)
Bhut (Peach)
Bhut (Giant Yellow)***
Douglah BB
Douglah BB Yellow
Douglah X Chocolate Scorpion (F4)----Sepia Serpent
Douglah X Butch T (F4)
Douglah X 7 Pot SR (F2)
Fatalli
Naga Morich
TSMB
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Brown
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Orange
7 Pot Yellow (Large)

***The giant yellow bhut is producing extremely large, gnarly chocolate pods. The pods have a great taste and, although hotter than say a hab, they aren't super hot.

A picture of the above pods is pending as well as a picture of my last couple of harvests. For some reason I'm having trouble inserting the images at the moment.

At the moment all pods up for auction are on the plants. I will harvest this evening, Friday and Sunday so all pods will be fresh with most being fresh picked. I'll post pictures of the harvests.

Finally, to some extent I can accommodate the wishes of the winning bidder. Say for instance you're growing nagas and bhuts so you'd rather that I exclude them. Or, say, all you want are super hots. I couldn't accommodate a request such as chocolate only

Edit: Upgraded to LFRB

What are you using to insert the imgs? I use photobucket. Just upload the img to photobucket and click or touch image (at bottom) to copy it, then paste it in to the THP topic

IMG_2651_zpsb1ba2e68.jpg

IMG_2650_zpsf340bd0b.jpg

IMG_2649_zpsbb0a5cf8.jpg

Here's what I harvested tonight. It looks like there's a tremendous number of ultra large pods still on the plants which are quite true to form and just starting to show a little color. Depending upon requests all but the coolest few pods (like the ones pictured in my hand) harvested tonight will probably end up in the dehydrator.

Friday will be the largest harvest so I won't know for sure what I can send until the weekend. I'll post pictures then taken from a real camera. The below were taken with a camera phone.

Hopefully just about all pods should have been harvested within 72 hours of mailing. I'll do a big update on Saturday.

peppers1_zps1b8abfb9.jpg

peppers2_zpsf1690622.jpg

I don't know if it's a faux pas to change any of the particulars once an auction is underway but unless admin objects I'd like to make the opening bid $50.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a MFRB is equivalent to 5 SFRB's. That's many a pepper for any project plus a good seed collection for next year.

$50 Opening Bid

I'd like to solicit some advice as to how I can spark interest in this auction. Obviously pictures help and I'll be providing pod pics on Saturday.My plants are loaded so I'll be able to provide some really gnarly, true to form pods. I'll also be able to custom tailor the package to some extent.

Should I lower the opening bid even further? Should I throw in an ounce of powder? What would spark interest? 

kgetpeppers said:
Bump for captain. Maybe If MFRB doesnt work then split into SFRB with a similar price margin. etc 12$ sfrb 
Thanks for the bump!

I considered that but here's the problem. I want to send ultra fresh pods. Retracting the auction offer is kind of sketchy so I'd rather not. If I wait until Sunday and then start either an auction or SFRB sale the pods won't be fresh picked when shipped.

Next time around I'm going to either sell or auction SFRB's but for now I'm seeing this MFRB auction through to the end.

Screw it, minimum bid is now $35

Nigel said:
Yep, Joyner`s is 100% right. Tough sell at the moment. Your pod list is impressive, so I`ll go $35 and hope others see what a great box of goodies you have and join in.
Thanks Nigel for getting this going! I just harvested some really nice pods. There are a great many huge pods just starting to get color which will be ready to go by Monday.

Considering the harvests which I'm getting my expectation is that I can either really custom tailor the package or all but the largest, gnarliest pods harvested earlier in the week will go in my dehydrator and the MFRB will contain just about nothing but large, gnarly, freshly harvested peppers.

Just wait til the 11th and you'll see the vultures moving in. To place a bid this far in advance just drives it up higher. I wouldn't worry about this one selling short, it's worth the $50+ in my opinion. To sweeten the pot on the final day with a bit of powder or seeds never hurts, but wait til you get a couple interested parties ready to buy first.

Back