MFRB Of All Unripened Pods. Price Negotiable.

So I'm sad to say that my season is over and I had to do a plant clean off. Would anybody be interested in an all green medium flat rate box? Some of these have started to ripen, but the majority are still green. This is some of everything in my garden...I think they're all in there.

This is more than what will fit in one medium, so I'll have one or two SFRB, if there's interest.
G7OKzNt.jpg

Here's a Medium full.
UjaOzNt.jpg

Price is negotiable. It costs around $14 for shipping. Pm me if you have any interest in unripened green pods.

Thanks!

Lol  :lol:

y'all are crazy  :crazy:   :D
but most of us chiliheads are, aren't we  :cool:

I separate pile's by type, sometimes i push piles together to help them ripen
Now, I don't have tarps full of green pods like y'all 
but...
for example 
this harvest;
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/68374-harvest/?p=1585149
still has ripening pods that are nowhere near going soft  :!:

i have had multiple types continue to ripen surprisingly well
just sitting out on the counter at 68f/20c

now, that being said... the baccatum have seemed to last the longest and continued ripening here on the table
still firm as any partially ripe pod

I also have a few aji dulce that are still ripening just fine on the table, and they are a chinense 
i will get a pic of whats still ripening on the table, 15-16 days later and not soggy or even starting to decay...

i have also enjoyed many different baccatum this year in green or mostly green ripening phase, blistered like you would roasting hatch peppers.
then stuff em in some tortillas with some cheese and homemade salsa...
veggie tacos that actually taste amazing  :metal:

sure, ripest pods are ideal.
but there's nothing wrong with green pods
and plenty of uses for them.

Has anyone tried cutting the plant at the ground and hanging it inside/garage to try to get ripe peppers? Some people do that with tomatoes, it supposedly allows the fruit to live off the plant a little longer and hopefully ripen.

cmpman1974 said:
Do you use any of your peppers for personal consumption?  Just curious. :)

Chris
Hey, Chris!
I used to. I would save and dry about half of what I harvested, would give some away, then the rest went in the compost pile. Then I realized that I have bags of bags of dried pods from each year that I never did anything with. Just the occasional half pod in some soup, but never powdered anything. I don't utilize what I have very well. Lol. So I figured instead of throwing them all away this year, I'd offer what I could up to anybody who wanted them.

I guess I don't eat as much spice as I used to. I almost didn't grow this season, but I love to grow. As you know, living up here, people don't eat as much spice, either. So I can't really give more than a handful away before they say stop. Lol. I'm more of a seed collector. I focus on varieties and concentrate on isolating or crossing.

:cheers:
-Adam

This medium box has been sold. Thank you very much!

If anybody else is interested in green pods, I believe Walchit still has a bunch!

Its actually half a metric shit ton! My freezer is full and Idk if I have enough jars to process them. I will probably take a box to this Mexican restaurant, maybe the carniceria.

Rajun Gardener said:
Has anyone tried cutting the plant at the ground and hanging it inside/garage to try to get ripe peppers? Some people do that with tomatoes, it supposedly allows the fruit to live off the plant a little longer and hopefully ripen.

I did this in the garage with a couple loaded Aji Limon last year or the year before and the pods went soft without really ripening.  If I tried it again, I'd hang 'em warm in the house next time.  Pods seem to ripen ok for me inside the house.

Haven't tried it, but I used to pull geraniums up by the roots, paper bag the roots, and hang them upside down in the basement.  The roots helped keep them alive.  I wonder if this would help, somehow, to ripen the peppers. 

Just a thought.
CaneDog said:

I did this in the garage with a couple loaded Aji Limon last year or the year before and the pods went soft without really ripening.  If I tried it again, I'd hang 'em warm in the house next time.  Pods seem to ripen ok for me inside the house.

Orekoc said:
Haven't tried it, but I used to pull geraniums up by the roots, paper bag the roots, and hang them upside down in the basement.  The roots helped keep them alive.  I wonder if this would help, somehow, to ripen the peppers. 

Just a thought.

Good point!  I was trying to remember when I posted whether I pulled them out by the roots or cut the stem, because the idea of the roots providing ripening energy occurred to me too.  Just can't remember right now though.  It's been a damn long day!

I've heard of people misting the roots too. I don't have enough garage to hang all my plants. They actually ripened really well on the floor in my house. I need to sort through them today. I would say about half look ripe, which isn't bad in my opinion.

Back