MG Tomato during Flowering and Fruit Set? (Peppers)

Would it be good to use this at this time or just hold off on ferts all together? For use on peppers of course.

10235190.jpg

PepperDaddler said:
Would it be good to use this at this time or just hold off on ferts all together? For use on peppers of course.

10235190.jpg

I used it last season early on and switched to espoma tomato-tone once everything started flowering....

Even with a weaker mixture, during flowering, I attributed the bud and flower drop to the mg feedings.... tiwards the end if winter I did another dose of the mg feeding since the temps were too cool and was causing flower drop anyways....

Is it okay to use the tomato miracle grow during flowering and when I have pods on the plant?

If it matters the NPK is 18-18-21

I applied the MG 18-18-21 last night... nothing to report yet.  It's my first time using it, but my plants needed SOMETHING, and it was readily available.

My fingers are crossed.

It worked for me.... but I'm not sure whether the bud and flower drop I experienced last year was from that or weather....

I don't use it because I get tastier veggies using fish ferts and tomato tone. With that being said, my dad uses nothing but miracle grow and he's always happy with it.

davidestesfl said:
I don't use it because I get tastier veggies using fish ferts and tomato tone. With that being said, my dad uses nothing but miracle grow and he's always happy with it.
Growing up, my neighbor swore by mg.... he cgsnged one year snd decidef to till in manure at the beginning og the season before sowing seeds, it was his last year gardenjng in the back yard.... but he always grew only tomatoes, cucumbers, and I think he tried cantaloupe, watermelon, carrots and potatoes a few times....

rhm3769 said:
Growing up, my neighbor swore by mg.... he cgsnged one year snd decidef to till in manure at the beginning og the season before sowing seeds, it was his last year gardenjng in the back yard.... but he always grew only tomatoes, cucumbers, and I think he tried cantaloupe, watermelon, carrots and potatoes a few times....

Drunk typing? :beer:

I'm not a fan of MG either, I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom when mine start flowering. I also use fish/kelp emulsion the whole time but start with like 1 tsp every 3 weeks and eventually go up to 1 tbsp every 2 weeks. 

PepperDaddler said:

Drunk typing? :beer:
Ha, no... galaxy s3 keyboard is strange.... I always get certain lettera mixed ip and don't feel likr typjngbthe word 4-5 timrs before it actualy registers an e instead of an r or a c instead of a v....

PepperDaddler said:
Is it okay to use the tomato miracle grow during flowering and when I have pods on the plant?

If it matters the NPK is 18-18-21
I used it during flowering, I noticed the plants which used MG had yellow leaves on it afterwards and they eventually fell off the plant, but, I did see some extra fruit on the plant after I use MG, not sure if its the MG or the reduction in leaves leading to increase fruit yield.

I was using MG tomato, it worked fine but once the plants got deeper roots I switched to generic granular 10-10-10 which also works fine and costs quite a bit less.

Reduction in leaves does not increase fruit yield, nor does MG turn leaves yellow.  Most likely not enough nitrogen or micronutrients since MG is not complete nutrition.  The thing about MG is, as instructed on the package it's a low dosage for foliar feed.  Once a plant gets to be good sized their instructions on some to mix 1/2 teaspoon with a gallon of water then do this every 1 or 2 weeks is WAY too low a dose.  You could give them 4x that much and still not over-fertilize once a plant is past the first couple months so you don't have it building up.

Back