Microscopes?

Anybody have suggestions for reasonably priced microscopes?

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, mostly just interested in something good enough to see mites/aphids, and maybe dabble at finding a cure during the impending zombie apocalypse.

I was looking at this one, and if nobody talks me out of it I'll probably order it before I leave work for the day.

Edit:  Link removed because Amazon WHARRGLBARGGL.

You should find out how much of that magnification is optical vs digital. At that price, youre not risking a lot, but if you wan't something serious make sure to do your homework. Try to find the object specifications if you can

Do you require it have a camera ?  If not, many straight monocular scopes give more features and higher quality viewing for similar or only slightly higher cost.

A camera isn't required but is a nice feature, and I'm not really familiar enough with optics to be able to pick out something better.

Pepperjack91 said:
Always good to be ready for the apocalypse 

Hey Pepperjack - 
                 you are all ready as it is   :rofl:  :rofl:

11953170534_247bd623b4.jpg

Apparently Amazon will not ship electronics to Canada.

My brain is unable to formulate an insult appropriate for the level of stupidity contained in that policy.

I'm thinking one of those $10-15 ones are more what I'm looking for, assuming I can find one in a store.

Every other places wants to triple the cost of the item with shipping, and Amazon can go fornicate with themselves now.

Edit:
Just ordered this one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9c42/

Will it do what I need?  Who cares, I ordered it and I'm sick of looking for microscopes.  =]

Thanks for the input everybody.

Back