• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Mid-June Garden pictures

5Star,

An update - this idea is the cat's meow, so far. A few of the plants may outgrow my stakes/string but given that I don't sucker the indeterminates, and the determinants will not get that tall, what overhang I have I think the stakes can support. I do need to find a different way to stake or support the end stakes - they are at a 45 degree angle but tend to move toward a 90 degree one as I pull the string tight.

But... the rows of toms look like rows of tobacco plants - each one standing straight up and down. Given that I planted them way too close - 18" between plants, 2' (max) between rows, this has been the perfect solution so far.

I'll try to figure out an adaptation for the greenhouse. This has to be much easier and better for the plants than draping wires from the top and tying the vines to them. I would love to grow four rows in a total of 12'. That gives me nine feet of width (leaving 1.5' on the front and back). I also need room to mix solutions, have a compost area, etc., so I may be able to grow 50-80 plants.

Mike

Back