Mildew??

Two of my plants have this, is this mildew?

DSCF8190%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF8189%20%28Medium%29.JPG

That is aphid damage on the underside. I usually cut those leafs off if possible. Those leafs are loosing to much fluid.

Rymerpt said:
Thank you. I am learning as well.
Yes cutting the leaves off stunt the growth for a few weeks, if you don't you risk the chance of the plant oozing (leaking fluid) to death. Aphids are like death from a 1000 cuts. A few won't hurt, but an infestation can kill a plant. Once the leaf is that damaged it will not function as normal. Better to cut it off and let it grow a new healthy leaf.

I do the same when my avocado trees have bad leafs. Cut them off. Cutting them off can also stem an infection.

OK, but on the underside its like white powder, but more like salt/crystal so its not mildew, thanx :-) On the two plants the root has been in the air (the top roots didnt have soil over them) could that be the problem? I will take moe picture to show that.

I didnt use anything the first 5 weeks, then i have used a litle that is for tomatos, i dont remember what the value is, but i will check later. I also see that the soil i have used has a high N like 20. The PH is 5-5,5.
I did find this post http://thehotpepper.com/topic/29127-a-topic-on-edema/ and it sounds like its edema and its exactly like this picture in this post http://thehotpepper.com/topic/28731-edema/

I'm so happy its not mildew :-) Thanx for the help :-)
One more thing, i did spray the two plants with water and soap (soft soap / pine sol) because that should remove the mildew, i was sure it was mildew, but i have never done any thing like this before so i didnt know what to do. Would that hurt the two plants? I also removed some of the leafs that had edema on it.

The fert i have used a lite is NPK 14-4-21

i have used perlite and vermiculite in the soil, but maybe i shouldnt have used vermiculite since that hold the water?

What should the humidity be (in the growing tent/greenhouse) ? I have sprayed some water on the plants (mist), but thats not a good ide?

Back