• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mildfruits 2020 hydroponic

Hi all! 

This is my second grow blog. You can find the first one here
I bought a lot of new equipment enough to warrant a new grow blog. 
Quick intro: Due to lack of outdoor growing space I've had to get creative with indoor growing without soil. 

I grow mainly with grodan blocks with automatic watering, from a nutrient tank using masterblend. 

Things that have changed from my last glog: 
I have bought another tent and light. 
I have started growing tomatoes indoor. 
New seeds! 
Also not mentioned in my last glog, but my lights and fans are controlled by a device called Shelly. Useful in everyday home automation, controllable from your phone with timers and monitoring. 

Lets get started with some pictures! 
IMG-5429.jpg

Heres my new tomato light a quantum board from HLG called 100V2. A little brother to my pepper light (quantum board HLG 260W)
IMG-5459.jpg

And here's my tomato tent with the light installed. 
IMG-5460.jpg

Heres my two tomatoes, Sugar lump and Muddy waters. Both are indeterminate, meaning they grow forever, so pruning will be necessary.

And now to the interesting part! 
A quick before and after of my pepper tent: 
IMG-5333.jpg

IMG-5461.jpg

Seeds: 
This year I have been so lucky to receive some wilds from CaneDog! Lots of cool varieties, more than I can grow unfortunately, but maybe some day! 

I also participated in a european seed exchange witch included some seeds from the US, so I also got seeds from Yekanfam Farms also a THP member. 

Seeds started: 
De Arbol (Fatalliseeds)
Aci Dolma (CaneDog)
Tepin Cappuccino (CaneDog)
C. Flexuosum (CaneDog)
Aji Amarillo (Fatalliseeds) 
Pimientos De Gernika (Fatalliseeds)
Rocoto Costa Rica (Fatalliseeds)
Rocoto San Pedro, Orange (Fatalliseeds)
Lemon Starrburst (Yekanfam Farms)
C. Galapagoense

This years theme is challenge. Previously I failed growing Aji Amarillo and C. pubescens varieties, this year I hope to change that! 
My list needs to be cut down to 6 so this is not my final list. 

I wish everyone a happy grow in 2020! 

IMG-0353.jpg

My Costa Rican Red is still producing outside.. in December.. what a kind fellow. Also harvested som de gernika peppers :)

IMG-0354.jpg

First pod on Biquinho yellow, looking forward to my favorite salad pepper :) 

IMG-0356.jpg

IMG-0358.jpg

The Bahamian. With plenty pods underway. Im beginning to find different recipes with ginger and some with pineapple I think could pair well with it :)

IMG-0357.jpg

My jalapeños 

CaneDog said:
Nice basket of goods, MF!  Seems like things keep chugging along well for you.

Definitely looking like your Goat is going to be a solid producer.

Thanks! Luckily that means I can make another batch of hot sauce with the costa rica  :P
I sure hope so! I've grown it before in my 4000K light with very little succes, I got one small pod, but the taste was great.

The Bahamian Goat is my favourite pepper and it's likely one that I will grow every year. It's such a nice blend of heat and flavour that I can't get enough of it. Oh and it makes the best powder too. I think you're gonna love it. 

Siv said:
The Bahamian Goat is my favourite pepper and it's likely one that I will grow every year. It's such a nice blend of heat and flavour that I can't get enough of it. Oh and it makes the best powder too. I think you're gonna love it. 
I hope so too! Have you been experimenting with crossing it? 

+1 CD. I'll bet the Stripey fills up that middle space!

CaneDog said:
I doubt it will be looking small for long.  Will be very interesting to see how the pods turn out for you on this one.

Thanks! I've seen some videos on Youtube with the striped pheno and its looks so tasty!

PaulG said:
+1 CD. I'll bet the Stripey fills up that middle space!

I sure hope so, right now it looks so small compared to the other plants. Hopefully the autopot will work some magic ;)

Siv said:

Nope. I grew Kang Starr's lemon starburst this year which is a cross with the bahamian goat - while the pepper looks pretty, the flavour pales in comparison to the goat.

Oh right, crossed with a scotch bonnet if I remember correctly. Well I tasted the LSB earlier this summer and liked it, so if the Bahamian is even better I'll be in for a treat! 

Everything looking pristine, MF!

That Poblano looks awesome, really nice size.
I love the dark green color of the Poblanos.

PaulG said:
Everything looking pristine, MF!

That Poblano looks awesome, really nice size.
I love the dark green color of the Poblanos.
So do I! I know from last time I grew a dark green variety that turned blackish (Pasilla) that I had a hard time to measure when it was ripe  :P
Luckily the poblano can be eaten in its unripe state, or so I've read. 

Its almost Christmas and I hit my goal at getting a ripe pepper before Christmas  :party:  I hope you all are safe and well. 

IMG-0380.jpg

The poblano seems to thrive. Looking forward to tasting this very much!

IMG-0381.jpg

Heres the dutch Chile, and it seems to ripe to red, so that's solved. I've had one unripe in a dish a few weeks ago, and that was fine. Excited to taste it ripe in a few days time :)

IMG-0382.jpg

Stripey have opened its first flower. 

IMG-0383.jpg

IMG-0384.jpg

Bahamian after a quick trim. These leafs are larger than my hand. But they didn't get any light as they where below the canopy. No need to waste energy on keeping these beast alive, rather put that energy into bigger fruits! 

Merry Christmas everyone!

That poblano is almost surreal with those big,
dark green pods on it! Love the shiny Bahamian Goats,
as well! You have it dialed in this winter, Rasmus!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Still looking good, Rasmus!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

PaulG said:
That poblano is almost surreal with those big,
dark green pods on it! Love the shiny Bahamian Goats,
as well! You have it dialed in this winter, Rasmus!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thanks a lot Paul, it means a lot when it comes from such an experienced grower such as yourself. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! 

Nulle said:
Fantastisk flotte chilier. Glædelig Jul :P
Tak! Chiller er heldigvis så hårdføre at de klare det meste selv :D Glædelig jul og godt nytår Nulle! 

CaneDog said:
Looks like things continue to fire on all cylinders.  The Stripey sure was quick to flower!

BTW - Ate a strip of placenta from the Giallo this morning and it packed a good bit of heat.  Solid pepper overall.

Hope you're having a merry Christmas MF!

Im glad you liked it! If it only ripened faster it would be my go to pepper for most cooking. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas this year, I'll let you know when I harvested some stripey seeds if you are interested :)

PaulG said:
Still looking good, Rasmus!

Happy New Year to you and your family!
Thank you Paul! 

Back