• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mill's 2012 glog

Going to cut back this year. Only 17 varieties started today, about 150 actual seeds. Probably only 5 more after this. Had a lot going on at the end of last season and did not pull any plant to overwinter, which means I lost my 3rd year Tree hab... O well. Time to start over.

The list:

Chocolate Bhut
Giant Bhut
C. Galapagoense
C. Annuum var. Glabriusculum
Black Congo
Goats Weed
Birgit Locoto
Anaheim
Jalapeno
Chocolate Hab large long
Fatalii
Ugandan
Tree Hab mother
Tree Hab 1st gen
Tree hab 2nd gen
Tree hab 3rd gen
PI 159236
PI 653675
C. Rhomboideum
Hot Thai ornamental

Everything is being germinated in cups in my little cabinet then moved up to the big one when they put on a good set of true leaves. Pictures to come when they start a-sprouting.

That hydro Fatalii looks soo cool! Like its growing out of just the cup! :cool:

Good to see you getting your babies in the dirt man.

That Tree Hab in the big ol pot! will make that pot look small soon!! :)

Kevin

Its the cup that I started it in, roots started poking out so I thought what the hell.

That tree hab better make that pot look small soon. But it is already looking a little crooked so it might not be the best contender this year. But thats ok because there are many more.

Thanks Kevin.

SDC11987.jpg

That is nuts Noah. Tell us how you accomplish such craziness!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know...

I had been thinking a lot lately of getting some shots but a bunch of my plants are looking really sad from the drought we had a few weeks ago and are just now going crazy(what they should have done months ago). So here are some of the good ones.

In ground Chocolate Bhut, plant is roughtly 5' and about as wide.

SDC12026.jpg

SDC12027.jpg

Pods

SDC12028.jpg

Wild Texas Tepin. Short n bushy but LOADS of pods.

SDC12029.jpg

Supertainer with a Tree hab, Fatalii from the dwc and a Baccatum var. Praetermissum.

SDC12030.jpg

The B.V.P. has a very flat canopy. Its very weird how it does this but very cool at the same time.

SDC12031.jpg

Upskirt Fatalii

SDC12033.jpg

Caramel Bhut pods

SDC12034.jpg

2 Anaheim plants in the front with 2 Birgit's Locoto in the back.

SDC12035.jpg

The Anaheims are heavy producers for me this year.

SDC12036.jpg

That is all for now, enjoy!

Wow Noah. I would hate to see them without a drought. They might take over the house. Plants look perfect to me :party:

Thanks Romy, that was with watering them 2 sometimes 3 times a day a couple weeks ago. Lately, we have received over 9 inches of rain in the last week.

Very nice! The Choco Bhut pods appear to be huge! I grew Anaheim one year--What a fun plant, with the "pod canopy." When they turn red it reminds me of low rider window trim...

I dig the chair leg plant stakes!

Gary

Plants are looking great Noah :dance:Love the mix too !
And they say you can't grow in peat.

Who are they and what do they know!

Jamie
They are idiots and don't know jack!

Geez, Mill, I can't believe I haven't been here since April.
Your grow is looking just great; you have some great specimens
there - how is the Tree Hab doing? Cool Idea.

Very nice! The Choco Bhut pods appear to be huge! I grew Anaheim one year--What a fun plant, with the "pod canopy." When they turn red it reminds me of low rider window trim...

I dig the chair leg plant stakes!

Gary

Thanks Gary, and yeah the Choco Bhut pods are quite large, I am thinking there is some "hybrid vigor" going on with that plant but we will see when ripening time comes. With plants stakes, you use what you have right?

They are idiots and don't know jack!

Geez, Mill, I can't believe I haven't been here since April.
Your grow is looking just great; you have some great specimens
there - how is the Tree Hab doing? Cool Idea.

Tree hab is moving along quite well Paul and dont feel bad about not being around, I havent posted since May... I think its about 5' straight up as you can see and probably only about 2' wide. This plant seems to not grow terribly well for me its first year but the second year it really takes off.

Fantastic, man! I didn't see any follow up on the twin. Did you plant it? Did one or both survive? The smaller of my twins died.

Pictures!!!!!!!

Some Caramel Bhuts last week

SDC12034-1.jpg

And yesterday

SDC12043.jpg

They came in a bit redder and rounder than others I have seen but when compared to red Morougas they look browner.

IMG_20120815_135351.jpg

Morouga

IMG_20120815_135358.jpg

Choc Bhut

SDC12037.jpg

Crazy loaded with pods

SDC12038.jpg

Many more to come too

SDC12040.jpg

Good color

SDC12039.jpg

Early pods are not as bumpy or long as the ones coming in right now

IMG_20120815_135327.jpg

IMG_20120815_135343.jpg

You got it going on Noah. The plants are putting out some gnarly looking pods. Love the color on the caramel bhuts.

Looking great Mill! Do you know where the caramel bhuts originated? Cross or natural mutation? They look to have an indian carbon shape to them. I like em whatever they are.

Back