• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mill's 2012 glog

Going to cut back this year. Only 17 varieties started today, about 150 actual seeds. Probably only 5 more after this. Had a lot going on at the end of last season and did not pull any plant to overwinter, which means I lost my 3rd year Tree hab... O well. Time to start over.

The list:

Chocolate Bhut
Giant Bhut
C. Galapagoense
C. Annuum var. Glabriusculum
Black Congo
Goats Weed
Birgit Locoto
Anaheim
Jalapeno
Chocolate Hab large long
Fatalii
Ugandan
Tree Hab mother
Tree Hab 1st gen
Tree hab 2nd gen
Tree hab 3rd gen
PI 159236
PI 653675
C. Rhomboideum
Hot Thai ornamental

Everything is being germinated in cups in my little cabinet then moved up to the big one when they put on a good set of true leaves. Pictures to come when they start a-sprouting.

Nice color on the Fataliis... I had some real nice yellow ones last year, but for whatever reason I didn't save any seed. I'm hoping one of my F2 Fatalii x Choco Bhuts turn out yellow...

Looking great Mill! Do you know where the caramel bhuts originated? Cross or natural mutation? They look to have an indian carbon shape to them. I like em whatever they are.

I think it was a natural mutation. I got the seeds from thepeppergrowingman, ill ask if he knows.

Last year I was growing chocolate bhuts and one of the plants grew pods with the caramel color. I'm not sure if it's a cross or natural mutation. I sent seeds to quite a few people and a lot of them grew at least 1 true plant. Some reverted back to red. I do see a lot variability in pod shapes this year millwork just like yours. I have some pods that have the longer more classic bhut look but the majority are shorter and fatter, some even with tails. When I was looking back on my pics from last year I realized there was a lot of shape variation then too. Here's my post from last year http://thepepperseed...l-bhut-jolokia/

Edit: Here's a good shot that shows the differences in colors

bhut-jolokia-5-color.jpg

Thanks TPGM!!

Another little update;

The tree hab is no where near where I would like it to be this year, but there is always the next. So no pictures of that for now. What I did do with some extra tree hab seeds is plant three of them really close and then braid the stems as they grew. Hopefully this will fuse the stems and make a really cool bonchi later.

SDC12080.jpg

Super tiny Eximium pods

SDC12076.jpg

Those Choco's look awesome. Liking the twisted tree, really cool. Make sure to post it's future happenings MWM!

KUTGF

KUTGF?

Killer Underwear Tara Got Free?

HA HA HA HA. Thanks 3/5. I will hopefully keep it all updated for the near future. We still have almost 2 months growing time here before the first freeze...

Just got a chance to go through your entire glog. Great shots, seedlings to pods. Question for you: what size cups are those you used to germinate? I was going to try that this year but they come in a lot of difference sizes. 1 oz, perhaps?

Wow, super slacker here. Season has almost finished up for me so picture dump.

First freeze happened last night but this choco hab seemed to not mind it. Got to 28f and the car door was frozen shut this morning at 715.

IMG_20121113_162436.jpg

IMG_20121113_162448.jpg

Little guy watching over one of my indoor plants

IMG_20121112_184118.jpg

Chopped up choco bhut, in that state it is still 4.5' wide and 3.5' tall.

IMAG0366.jpg

Future bonchi Ugandan.

IMAG0374.jpg

Future bonchi Wild Texas Tepin

IMAG0375.jpg

Super cool Brain

IMAG0369-1.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Thats all for now. Getting the plants prepped for overwinter so I will take some more later.

We need a Count Chocula for peppers...because they are just that good. I like those bonchi's bro! The roots are real nice starts. That Brain is one righteous pod. I love them. Looks like you've got your winter planned out and ready to Roll. Like the wall color in your place btw...I'd rock it.

Thanks King, thats inside my man cave/storage/detached garage. Its my pepper/homebrew lab and a righteous hangout spot.

Back