• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting mini Harvest pic

Bunch of Jimmy Nardellos, one Bonda Ma Jaques, 2 Jal Ms, 2 Biker Billys, handful of aji crystals, and an apple-shaped yellow cucumber

Nice. My Jimmy's are starting to turn brown going towards red. Are your plants loaded?

Yeah, my Jimmys are doing exceptionally well this year - many pods, larger than previous years, and ripening quicker than ever. Plus, they're even sweeter than the last two years; they're like sugar peppers this year! I think I might've just gotten a good packet of seed.

I like 'em best at the brown stage - sounds like yours are about ready to eat!

around a dozen have been picked and eaten green. I like them right before full red, but also pick them at full red for salsa and grilling up with some onions and garlic. My plants only get around 3 feet tall but loaded. My biggest has over 15 pods on it. Do you have issues with them getting top heavy? I can't seem to get the stalks to thicken enough before producing pods.

yes, mine have gotten very top-heavy. I've staked them in a spoke design - one thick pole in the middle of the pot about an inch from the main stalk, with individual branches tied to the pole on an as-needed basis, kind of like spokes. I will try to take a picture later of it.

One thing I've noticed about the Jimmys is that although they have thin stalks and heavy fruits, the branches lean and ALMOST look like they're gonna snap off, but never do. They bend a lot, though LOL I haven't actually seen any branches break off from the weight, although by using spokes, I'm not taking any chances. Will try to post pic later.

Back