event Minnesota Hotluck

Tongues of Fire Minnesota Hotluck

Tongues of Fire is an annual (sorta annual) hotluck held in Minnesota. We started doing them back in the 90s. This is TOF VIII. TOF is a hot version of a potluck. Every food item brought must have a chile of some form in it. Heat levels vary, of course, from barely mentionable to nuclear. We've had incredibly good food at previous TOFs and folks have been very creative. We have various sauces and products available for sampling. Great food, good friends, and a lot of fun. We did get write-up in Chile Pepper magazine last year. One note from TOF-VII, one of the highlights was a sauce from the Scoville Institute called OTC (Off The Charts) Sauce...uffda!!!!

Hotluck... Holy $%$# that's such a great concept.

Tongues of Fire VIII Minnesota Hotluck

We've been updating our link with products that will be available for sampling and also some recipes from last years TOF-7.

There are a good bunch of products that will be available to try. :hell:

Tongue of Fire Minnesota Hotluck Samples and Wall of Flame

We continue to update the web link with products that will be available for sampling. It appears we will have a Scovie Award winning BBQ sauce maker at TOF-VIII to demo their product.

The Wall of Flame challenge is on for those that want to do that to themselves. The challenge will not be revealed until TOF-VIII but it will involve "The Bread". :hell: :hell: :hell:

Tongues of Fire VIII is coming up quickly. Looking like a good sized crowd. We've got great products for sampling. Now we just need to have great weather.

Minnesota Hotluck Tongues of Fire VIII The Bread!!

The "Bread" is made :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire:!!!! We used two ounces fresh dried Red Savina pepper powder...this loaf has just a lil kick! This bread is made using Jim Campbell's famed bread.

I have been to several Hotlucks here in PA. We used to have a ball! The creativity is what stood out to me. The hottest thing I had one year was a chocolate chip cookie! It had tons of hab powder in the dough. Have a good time and post picss!

Jay T Hotluck

Yes the creativity by folks has been amazing. This is our 8th hotluck and they just keep getting better and better. We have had some amazing things. One fun thing I will be doing this year again (back by popular request) is making a Chocolate Malt (a real one with malt powder) and blending in crushed Blair's Death Rain Habanero Potato Chips...it is an incredibly good combination. The Bread I referred to in the previous post is one of those knock your socks off things...nuclear *evil grin*. With two ounces of dried red savina it packs a wallop!!!

Tongues of Fire VIII was a blazing success!! 84 brave ( or slightly touched ) hot pepper lovers attended. The food was fantastic and loads of it. We've posted some recipes on the website at the start of this thread. The Wall of Flame challenge was a burning hit!! We've posted pictures of those who accomplished the Wall of Flame challenge. The challenge consisted of consuming Red Savina Bread (two ounces of fresh dried red savina powder in a small loaf) dipped in the Scoville Institues OTC (off the charts) squared sauce...that is full of 1 & 2 million scoville AFRICAN OLEORESIN PEPPER EXTRACT. This combo delivers a slow onset mega punch about 2-5 minutes after eating it. Check out the pictures of our Wall of Flame survivors!! Heffy's BBQ Sauce attended and demo'ed their absolutely fantastic BBQ sauces...definitely worth checking out. They are great!!

Early warning to Minnesota Chileheads!! Time to warm things up in Minnesota. Tongues of Fire IX is a go for July 18th. Please check our website, see the first post of this thread for pictures and information from TOF-VIII and VII. If you are interested in attending, please contact us first for more information.

Tongues of Fire Minnesota Hotluck is a go for this weekend. Things are definitely heating up for those who attend and we are notching up the Wall of Flame Challenge to include a hot wing challenge in addition to the famous "Bread"...using Jim Campbells Red Savinas. Loads of great products to sample. Check our website for recipes from past TOFs and we will be putting up recipes from this years if they are provided to us. Also there are lots of pictures from the previous year TOF-VIII and we will be posting up pictures from TOF-IX.

This is our 9th hotluck and they are always a lot of fun. The creativity and food are amazing. Check out our website for pictures from previous TOFs. I've also just posted our Ultimate Wall of Flame wing challenge rules.

I have been to several Hotlucks here in PA. We used to have a ball! The creativity is what stood out to me. The hottest thing I had one year was a chocolate chip cookie! It had tons of hab powder in the dough. Have a good time and post picss!

Back