• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Miracle fruit

I have recently obtained some miracle fruit seeds, and i am more than happy to grow them, however....
I would really like to buy around 3 established plants that will be fruiting next year.
I have tried searching online for places to buy them from, but they are all sold out.
Anyone got any for sale or know someone who does??
Any help would be great,
Cheers,
Shadow.

This is a good option if you're looking to go cheap and don't mind a smaller seedling. http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Fruit-Synsepalum-Dulcificum-Seedling/dp/B0048J6QES/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It's a small, bare root seedling with the roots wrapped in paper towel, but mine came in good shape, along with a nice paper with growing tips. I think it came to about $10-11 shipped. Mine was a little shocked at first, whether from being shipped bare root or from my early mistakes I don't know, but it has recovered very nicely and has doubled in size since and looks healthy.

Ok i have managed to get 3 small plants, around 15-20cm tall.
At the moment i think the biggest problem is going to be keeping their environment humid.
I have been researching how to best grow these plants, and it seems they like at least 60% humidity upto around 80%.
Was thinking about putting a plastic bag over the plant and pot with a few holes, would this work or would it just make the plant to hot?

Ok i have managed to get 3 small plants, around 15-20cm tall.
At the moment i think the biggest problem is going to be keeping their environment humid.
I have been researching how to best grow these plants, and it seems they like at least 60% humidity upto around 80%.
Was thinking about putting a plastic bag over the plant and pot with a few holes, would this work or would it just make the plant to hot?

That's exactly what I do with my clones to reduce transpiration loss. Doesn't seem to affect the strike rate but they establish quicker. Might work for you, might also cause mould problems.
Here in SEQ, there's no problems growing them.

thanks 11010490
i remember last time i was in brisbane, the humidity there was a lot higher naturally then down south where i am.
Another question is i have read about people growing them in full sun, and others saying to grow them in part shade.
I figure they should be grown in part shade due to where they were originaly from (rainforests).
part shade or full sun?

Back