Miracle-gro Tomato fert.

Hi

It would depend on all the environmental conditions, but if the only thing that has changed is the feeding, then....that's to blame. Most people often suggest using tomato feed at half the recommended dose.

Do the leaves show any signs of over feeding at all, any burning on the tips of outer edges?

Pictures will help diagnose the problem.

FWIW, I use the stuff without problems.  It pulled my chlorotic plants out of an early-season slump.  Now that I've transplanted to better dirt, I still use the stuff once a week at ~1/2 strength (1/2 tablespoon per gallon) and the peppers seem to love it.

MoWhiskey said:
Just a quick question. Just used per instruction now leaves and buds falling off. 
What could have happened???

Was the soil moist before you fertilized?  It should be to prevent rapid absorption/burning of the roots.

The age of the plant makes a difference in how much you should use, as does the frequency of use. As already noted, you need to use less than is on the label for young plants. Plus, unless you are "fertigating" (feeding at a much lower strength at every watering), you should not use the fertilizer at every watering. 

Hmmmm... Have to say it probably stems from the ferts, but it's not a problem of the fert. I use the stuff all the time and have nothing but growth. As stated above, were the plants stressed at all before the app? We're they really dry? Are they young, and got full strength?

After reading above I used fert. at full strength on fairly young plants. I'll let them regroup and cut measurement in half next go. I didn't have this problem last year ,but most plants were in ground,now they are all potted maybe that made it more concentrated.

Back