• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Mis labeled, not Aji Cachucha. In Malta.

Hello, I finally got some ready pods from this plants as I raised it from seeds. The plant is 127 days old. Healthy but it is not Aji Cachucha. Guessing it’s C. pubescent based upon hairy stems and leaves
Characteristics:
Dark green foliage
Dark green stems
Hairy
Yellow 5 petal flowers
Black stamen
Red fruit- but more of a tomato red
Twisty fruit
Less than 20 seeds in fruit
Fruit smells spicy
Medium thin wall fruit
5 sec delay in hitting tongue, then roof of mouth and back to lips. Intense heat that doesn’t last too long but when it hits it’s a punch in the face… Any ideas maybe another Aji?
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_9299.jpeg
    IMG_9299.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9300.jpeg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9301.jpeg
    IMG_9301.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9369.jpeg
    IMG_9369.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 23
Hello, I finally got some ready pods from this plants as I raised it from seeds. The plant is 127 days old. Healthy but it is not Aji Cachucha. Guessing it’s C. pubescent based upon hairy stems and leaves

Any ideas maybe another Aji?

I agree with CD; it looks more like a chinense than a pubescens to me. Like CD said, the flower looks wrong for a pubescens. Plus the constricted calyx. And pubescens aren't the only pepper species that can be fuzzy. Orange Blob and Goat's Weed are examples of a chinense and an annuum that are also covered with trichomes (fuzzy).

If by "another Aji" you mean a baccatum, then no I don't think it is. The flower looks wrong and lacks the green or gold markings typical of the species. But an "Aji" can be any species. Aji Jobito, Aji Largo Rocoto, Aji Amarillo, Aji Pinga de Perro, and Aji Chuncho are chinense, pubescens, baccatum, annuum and frutescens respectively.

Thanks, I think that you’re probably correct about the C. Chinense. Unfortunately, whether it be mislabeled or a cross, this is not something that I selected from my 2 sources in the EU.

Back