• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

MISTAKEN ID

ATTN:

anyone one who purchased seed from me marked PEACH AUSTRALIAN LANTERN it turned out not to be a mutation of the oriiginal Australian lantern

i realized after finding a pic on my computer that it is actually TONGA ORANGE HABANERO

im not even sure how this happened?? i did not even remember planting a Tonga hab??
  i probably lost the tag for it if i did plant it im thinking this is most likley what happened?

AGAIN SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE!!

thanks your friend Joe

SL3 said:
No problem Joe. Thanks for the heads up. I will re-label my seeds. Will they still taste like "Honeydew Melons".  :)    
yes its still the same taste, i just goofed on the name thats all

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
ATTN:

anyone one who purchased seed from me marked PEACH AUSTRALIAN LANTERN it turned out not to be a mutation of the oriiginal Australian lantern

i realized after finding a pic on my computer that it is actually TONGA ORANGE HABANERO

im not even sure how this happened?? i did not even remember planting a Tonga hab??
  i probably lost the tag for it if i did plant it im thinking this is most likley what happened?

AGAIN SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE!!

thanks your friend Joe
Are you sure on the name Joe. These things look much more like a Lantern Type than a Habanero. Although it looks more orange in these photos their actually a real peach color (my camera just can't seem to capture the color).

Oh and they taste FANTASTIC! Honey Dew, Peaches and a little Apple flavor maybe. Perfect balance of heat and flavor. I like to chew the tips off just to taste the flavor before chewing my way down to the placenta and seeds, otherwise I think the heat of this little guy might mask some of the wonderful flavors it has to offer. 

very nice indeed, but these look a little longer and could be a cross
tonga are shorter and mor blunt and are peach in color
the flavor fits the bill perfect however if it is a cross im not sure what with but from the sound of it it didnt hurt them any

you do nice work man!!

thanks your friend Joe

Reactions: SL3
ajijoe said:
the flavor fits the bill perfect however if it is a cross im not sure what with but from the sound of it it didnt hurt them any

you do nice work man!!

thanks your friend Joe
They're your seeds Joe. I just grew them. The credit is yours.

One of my favorites so far this year. Like I said they are very peachy in color, the camera is not getting the right color at all. So if this is a Tonga Orange Hab, what does a Ausi Peach Lantern look like? These sure look like that name would fit for this plant  much better.

SL3 said:
They're your seeds Joe. I just grew them. The credit is yours.

One of my favorites so far this year. Like I said they are very peachy in color, the camera is not getting the right color at all. So if this is a Tonga Orange Hab, what does a Ausi Peach Lantern look like? These sure look like that name would fit for this plant  much better.
thanks now your making me consider this one for next season LOL
they are wonderful arent they??

there actually is no aussie peach lantern since i realize just what it was, i dub it that origianlly because i thought it was a peach phenotype of the original orange one

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:

you do nice work man!!

thanks your friend Joe
I think the photo might have not shown their actual size that well. Here is a pepper next to a quarter for size comparison. 

SL3 said:
I think the photo might have not shown their actual size that well. Here is a pepper next to a quarter for size comparison. 

yeah there a bit bigger but thats not whatv give me the idea there a cross but the color

thanks your friend Joe

Back