• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mites?

Here is a pic of a young Red Hab that appears to be attracting some lunchtime guests. Am I correct in my assessment of mite damage? I have been aggressively treating with AACT foliar and when watering but it seems these critters thinks its a all you can eat buffet. I bought some Bonide Fruit and Nut Orchard spray and treated them today. Hopefully I can put an end to this. Any of you pro's out there who can enlighten me?

TOP VIEW
k0rffht.jpg

SIDE VIEW
g0k3Snt.jpg

The "puckering" of the leaves, especially the one towards the lower-right, looks like the beginnings of fertilizer burn - too much ferts too soon. Back off a tad.

The "puckering" of the leaves, especially the one towards the lower-right, looks like the beginnings of fertilizer burn - too much ferts too soon. Back off a tad.

Maybe I should of pointed out the half eaten new leaves in the first pic. I am not sure how it could be fert burn as I have only used kelp meal and crab meal powder.

Mites leave a bronze looking discoloration on the bottom of the leaves, the leaves also get distorted in shape. I've been fighting aphids lately, they also enable mites to move about, try some neem or cedar oil spray to treat your plants for creepy crawly critters, I mix dog tick and flea shampoo with the oil for treatment.

Mites leave a bronze looking discoloration on the bottom of the leaves, the leaves also get distorted in shape. I've been fighting aphids lately, they also enable mites to move about, try some neem or cedar oil spray to treat your plants for creepy crawly critters, I mix dog tick and flea shampoo with the oil for treatment.

That would be them then. The underside of some of the leaves are bronze. I'm hoping the Bonide Spray knocks them out.

What are your pots made out of? It looks like stitched together landscape fabric? If it is then that's a great idea because I get a 4'x360' roll from terrafix for 100 bucks.

Back