• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Mixing Organic Pesticides

I just noticed a few Aphids on one of my peppers and a few tiny fly bugs small back body and clear wings on my Tomato's,  I have a 4 gallon atomizer and a few bottles of Neem - BT and 3 in one Organoside do you see any problem with mixing the 3 and hitting/preventing a few pest problems at once?  

Only that you might be killing beneficial wasps which parasitize the aphids. (and that's exactly what it sounds like they are)

Not a fan of "preventative" pest control, myself.  It's better to deal with a problem when you know that you actually have one, than to create one through unintended consequences.

generally speaking you dont ever mix pesticides together ever unless the manufacturer issues a document.... i forget what that document is called though.

stuff can be incompable... you should at least jar test your proposed spray regime to make sure nothing  precipitates or un-emulsifies or what ever.

queequeg152 said:
generally speaking you dont ever mix pesticides together ever unless the manufacturer issues a document.... i forget what that document is called though.

stuff can be incompable... you should at least jar test your proposed spray regime to make sure nothing  precipitates or un-emulsifies or what ever.

Material Safety Data Sheet, or MSDS, is typically the document that will specific reactivity and other such important sweet nothings.

nah thats not what im talking about.

its a specific document that talks about compounding pesticides. its on the bayer website somewhere. 

Can't say that I know what you are referring to...  But the MSDS for "Organocide", states the following:

Stability: Stable. Polymerization: NO. Chemical Incompatibilities: None. Conditions to Avoid: Extreme heat. Do not freeze.
Hazardous Decomposition Products: CO, CO2 , hydrocarbons.

Unless it's the Fungicide, in which case:

Stability: Stable under normal conditions of use and storage. DO NOT FREEZE. Polymerization: NO. Chemical Incompatibilities: Alkaline materials. Conditions to Avoid: Extreme heat. Do not freeze. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Oxides of carbon and phosphorus.

Moral of the story...  Unless you know what all of that shit means, DO NOT MIX

Back