• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Mmmm Bacon

Sizzle Lips

Extreme Member
Had a couple pork loins in the freezer...time to put them to good use.My season at work is done and now I get a couple months R&R.
Thawed out one loin and mixed the proper amount of cure to make some Canadian Bacon....I use Hi Mountain Buckboard bacon cure....my go to cure.
I cut the loin in half and rubbed them both down.....into a big sealed Tupperware and into the fridge for 10 days....I turn every two days.

After 10 days remove from fridge.....rinse well and soak in cold water for at least an hour to draw any extra salt out.
Pat dry and place on a drying rack for one hour at room temp.....I like to dust with black pepper.

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2654.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

Place in a preheated smoker at 150 degrees for 45 minutes no smoke.....I use my digital Masterbuilt for this...bump the temp to 200-225 and start smoke
I used Cherry for smoke.....smoke until the internal temp of the loins is 140.....remove and let cool at room temp....once cooled I refrigerate uncovered and then slice and package in the morning.

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

Back