• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

texas blues said:
Chuk...dude you can stuff them with anything. I've done them with shrimp and then bacon wrapped. Chorizo and cheese stuffed, my favorite, and even a crab artichoke dip. I did a minced beef marinated in teriyaki and crushed pineapple ..tres bon!

Cheezy...alas no..not my TAM's. These were store bought. They do lose a little heat with cooking. Heat wise I could eat a hundred without feeling too much pain. Sometimes I use Fresno's for a bit more heat. I really need to man up and maybe try stuffed habs. Who's done the stuffed hab thang'?? Fess up.

Oh my god! That sounds awesome with the shrimp and bacon. Did you put the shrimp in whole or mince it up?
I have to try this one!

TB and JayT I give up. You can both come to Omaha and cook poppers for me. Please. I swear I can smell them in all their cheesy, bacony, peppery nomnomness.

Can I get a witness!?!?

patrick said:
TB and JayT I give up. You can both come to Omaha and cook poppers for me. Please. I swear I can smell them in all their cheesy, bacony, peppery nomnomness.

Can I get a witness!?!?

I will gladly testify my brotha'! I bear witness to ya'll here, that the new Ayatollah of Popperollah lies even unto the meekest of ya'll here. Let "The One" come forth and be recognized amongst ya'll brothers and sisters. And let "The One" gather together to his/her bosom twelve, I say twelve Popper Overlords to serve him/her and spread the Gospel of that prince of foods, the popper. Yea I say cheese shall ooze. Bacon will crisp. Hearts will be broken and thine homes homewrecked. Seek shelter in your hallowed kitchens and bring forth your poppers. For ya'll that heed the call you shall have your reward! Go forth and ye must remember to post thine pics.

Cheers and Amen, TB.

you buch o mouth teasing b******s i pop this thread once in a while and the pastry/dough idea sent my saliva glands into over drive!!!! and the pics are just too much so please stop posting pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k

elequin said:
Armadillo, I'm sure you know my pain in finding good peppers. I do have an asian market nearby that stocks scotch bonnets, and I found some Bhut Joloki powder in Regensberg!

Yeah, it's a PITA. At least I can get some decent orange chinenses at an Asia market in Friedrichshafen. They're really hot! I hope they have some for next weekend. I want to make some hab poppers again. I hope that this summer and fall I will have a good truckload of own peppers.

TB - every time you make some poppers I wish I could grab them from the screen cuz they look so damn good!
are the pequins & habs from your plants this season already or store bought & dried from last year ?
& nope you didnt give me that popper tray, had to be someone else.

impy - the poppers are looking good, how did the poppers taste w/ the ramen spice packet ?

texas blues said:
I will gladly testify my brotha'! I bear witness to ya'll here, that the new Ayatollah of Popperollah lies even unto the meekest of ya'll here. Let "The One" come forth and be recognized amongst ya'll brothers and sisters. And let "The One" gather together to his/her bosom twelve, I say twelve Popper Overlords to serve him/her and spread the Gospel of that prince of foods, the popper. Yea I say cheese shall ooze. Bacon will crisp. Hearts will be broken and thine homes homewrecked. Seek shelter in your hallowed kitchens and bring forth your poppers. For ya'll that heed the call you shall have your reward! Go forth and ye must remember to post thine pics.

Cheers and Amen, TB.

This shit made me mistey-eyed....

TB, do you do weddings?

texas blues said:

Cheers and Amen, TB.

Preach on Brother TB. Preach On! Update: Crab/Fontina/Fatalii/Bacon poppers tomorrow... :party:

chilehunter said:
TB - every time you make some poppers I wish I could grab them from the screen cuz they look so damn good!
are the pequins & habs from your plants this season already or store bought & dried from last year ?
& nope you didnt give me that popper tray, had to be someone else.

impy - the poppers are looking good, how did the poppers taste w/ the ramen spice packet ?

CH, the pequins are mine. I have about 1/2 cup of dried left and think I will reserve them for seed. My plants have taken a bit of a beating from winds blowing through on the last two "cold" fronts. Got down to 39 one night. The habs I'm getting local from a very good source that moves alot of product thus ensuring a consistent fresh pepper.

JayT said:
Preach on Brother TB. Preach On! Update: Crab/Fontina/Fatalii/Bacon poppers tomorrow... :party:

'LAWD HAVE MERCY!! That sounds like a new breed of "superpopper"!
Tomorrow night eh? Will the consumption of alcoholic beverages be involved while making these little oozy goozy fire gut bombs?

:TB thinks to himself:

:fatali/crab/fontina popper....could JayT be...."The One"?:

:TB deep in though:

:takes a large quaff of hoski....YEAH RIGHT!! and monkeys fly out my butt!!!:

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
'LAWD HAVE MERCY!! That sounds like a new breed of "superpopper"!
Tomorrow night eh? Will the consumption of alcoholic beverages be involved while making these little oozy goozy fire gut bombs?

:TB thinks to himself:

:fatali/crab/fontina popper....could JayT be...."The One"?:

:TB deep in though:

:takes a large quaff of hoski....YEAH RIGHT!! and monkeys fly out my butt!!!:

Cheers, TB.

Of course there will be beverages! And TB I'm not trying to be the one, just following your lead man. I feel like the popper is a largely unexplored canvas in culinary expression. We could probably sell recipes to the food network and untold numbers of restaurants. Maybe we could open a chain called Poppers? Start at State Fairs, carnivals and the such. Expand to malls, then strip malls. Soon, total market domination. TB you and me are going to bring this national, then total worldwide domination!!!
:hell:

JayT said:
Of course there will be beverages! And TB I'm not trying to be the one, just following your lead man. I feel like the popper is a largely unexplored canvas in culinary expression. We could probably sell recipes to the food network and untold numbers of restaurants. Maybe we could open a chain called Poppers? Start at State Fairs, carnivals and the such. Expand to malls, then strip malls. Soon, total market domination. TB you and me are going to bring this national, then total worldwide domination!!!

Oh shit! You REALLY might be "THE ONE".

You are already a Popper Overlord...but...did you take the blue pill or the red pill?

Cheers, TB.

JayT said:

Dear Sir!
Herewith I respectfully apply for the franchising licence for Germany!
Your's sincerely,
The Dillo

Armadillo said:
Dear Sir!
Herewith I respectfully apply for the franchising licence for Germany!
Your's sincerely,
The Dillo

Hey now! How about you take SW Bayern, I'll take Middle Franconia? :lol:

Seeing the lack of jalapenos around this part of the world, what do you end up using for poppers?

elequin said:

Seeing the lack of jalapenos around this part of the world, what do you end up using for poppers?

Take Franconia but I want Oberbayern and Schwaben...:lol:

I use habaneros from an Asia market for the hotter ones and sweet peppers ("Spitzpaprika") with slightly hot stuffing for the milder ones. Browse a few pages back in this very thread and you'll see!
Does your Asia market have the Scotch bonnet on a daily basis?

elequin said:

Armadillo said:

I use habaneros from an Asia market for the hotter ones and sweet peppers ("Spitzpaprika") with slightly hot stuffing for the milder ones. Browse a few pages back in this very thread and you'll see!

I'll be setting up the Popper Stand right next to the Spaten tent in Munich. Eins. Vie. Prost. Burn!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Oh shit! You REALLY might be "THE ONE".

You are already a Popper Overlord...but...did you take the blue pill or the red pill?

Cheers, TB.

The blue one 'cause the poppers keep going ALL NIGHT LONG! See TB we are already dominating Germany. Get franchisees lined up on here for all over the world and we will achieve popper world domination!!!:onfire:

Oh and sorry too tired an lazy to make poppers tonight. (Forgot to take my blue pill, but it will be on tomorrow.?

JayT said:
The blue one 'cause the poppers keep going ALL NIGHT LONG! See TB we are already dominating Germany. Get franchisees lined up on here for all over the world and we will achieve popper world domination!!!:onfire:

Oh and sorry too tired an lazy to make poppers tonight. (Forgot to take my blue pill, but it will be on tomorrow.?

Do your 'thang. The world can wait one more day for the beast to be unleashed!

Cheers, TB.

Armadillo said:

Can usually get habanero, and sometimes scotch bonnet.

Had a way-fattening chicken pot pie last night (heated up with bhut jolokia powder, of course! damn that was hot!), so just a salad tonight. :) Maybe poppers on Friday!

Oh, and I'll visit the poppers stand at Oktoberfest if it's set up! Ein Prosit, ein Prosit Der Gemütlichkeit!

I bought some habaneros today for my saturday night poppers. The last ones bought at the same shop were nicer.
Did you save seeds from the scotch bonnets?

Back