food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hi all! I'm new here. Just a quick pic of some jalapeno poppers my son-in-law and I make. Also do Habs. And Scotch Bonnets (my fave pepper) when we can find them! Stuffing meats vary between sausages and crab meat. The topper varies between bacon and whole shrimp. And always done on the grill as ovens are for sweet peppers! Once a year we host a get together for a hobby we are both into and serve these poppers as a snack. Danged if they don't disappear about as fast as they come off the grill.

poppers.jpg

Davetaylor said:
just some more pics for the thread

Damn those are beauties.

Doesn't hurt to hava $500 camera either for killer pix... :cool:

Ha..irony..whilst looking at the specs fro yer cam, I realized I'd switched off my AF lamp on accident..D'Oh!! No wonder I've had crappy shots lately. LOL!

QuadShotz said:
Damn those are beauties.

Doesn't hurt to hava $500 camera either for killer pix... :cool:
Naaah, then you see all the stains, like on that blue plate, doh! Wash your dishes! :lol:

Seriously though, they look good.

Dave those peppers of yours are definitely competition worthy! Very creative!!! They look amazing. Did they turn out like you wanted?

Cozee - welcome!! Your poppers look great!! I can't wait to see more.

Davetaylor said:
cheers TB
they were stuffed with soft cheese garlic and herbs, red onion and ham topped with mature chedder then wrapped in chicken then wrapped in bacon and coated with billy b damned BBQ sauce

i feel humbled to get kudos form the popper king ( i'm trying to get this popper fever kickstarted in the brit forums, i've got folks attentions but i'm waiting on pics!)

Dave..you're first class sir! You should know....my name is Leslie...a Scot..albiet by way of gypsy/Hungary. Do your 'thang man!!

Cheers, TB.

Well, no innovations this time but someone has to keep this thread alive...
Yesterday we had our housewarming party and our guests had ordered poppers in advance. So I fixed three and a half trays of my medium hot poppers, about 70 poppers that is... I used mild sweet pointed peppers and added some red thai chili powder to the stuffing. Yummy! Too sad that the Asia market didn't have habs this time.

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

Nota bene the "poppers" in the right lower corner of the pic. I ran out of peppers and had some stuffing left over so I stuffed some maters. Nice I can tell you! Well, the only little innovation this time...

IMG_7404.jpg

I'm a little late but damn dave those poppers look great!

dillo - the cheesy poppers are looking good! I know you said the chiles are mild but the green ones kinda look like they're monster habs

chilehunter said:
I'm a little late but damn dave those poppers look great!

dillo - the cheesy poppers are looking good! I know you said the chiles are mild but the green ones kinda look like they're monster habs

They look like that but thy're really mild. The red ones are better though. They caramelize in the oven.

great looking poppers 'Dillo

I'd imagine they'd be pretty mushy.

Frozen is only really good for cooking with.
Perhaps a sammich/wrap or something but not by themselves.

Fresh off the smoker for fathers day:

3647904457_2035e03b9b_b.jpg

And there were lots, lots more where that came from. I still have like half a gallon bag worth. I think i cut up about 4 lbs of jalapenos.

Back