auction MOA Scotch Bonnet Auction - 1 SFRB - ENDED

Thanks, i'm glad they came to you in a timely fashion. I'm surprised they got to you in 2 days. and yes, they are a great pepper! :)

The hmmmmmm was my disgust for you selling these pods. I personally think its a slap in Steves face. These seeds were generously given out to us to grow and SHARE. Making money off em is not righ

Yes, and i'm giving away A grade seeds to anyone who asks for them for free. Coincidentally, someone contacted me today about seeds and i was happy to send them for free.

Why shouldn't others enjoy the MOA pods now instead of letting them go bad when i don't need them all right now? A $9 dollar profit is hardly greedy and will pay for some of the expenses of growing.

Jamison said:
The hmmmmmm was my disgust for you selling these pods. I personally think its a slap in Steves face. These seeds were generously given out to us to grow and SHARE. Making money off em is not righ

Considering I was in contact with Steve about the entire thing, if he had been offended by the sale I would think he would have said something. He was very polite and open about the whole idea. He gave me some great advice about which pods to save seed from and how to maintain the integrity of the variety for future growers. He also gave me permission to share the seeds with whomever I want

Another reason (please take no offense Jamison, I don't mean this personally to you) why I am leaving this forum as soon as I finish up my last few business matters is because of all the judgment that is being dished out around here (I am just as guilty as everyone else of this). Everyone needs to quit speaking for others, judging one another for sharing or selling this or that, and expecting people to trace back seeds to their origin and asking permission before growing/sharing/selling to this person or that person. There seem to be all of these clique forming and it seems to be fine to share within your clique but share/sell outside of it and suddenly everyone gets out the pitchforks and the torches. The funny thing is, most of the people who have originated these varieties, through creation or discovery, are perfectly fine with sharing with everyone, its the second or third tiers of growers who suddenly want to place rules/restrictions on what happens to seeds because they want the varieties to be exclusive to their little "group".

Again, I mean you no offense Jamison and I have no knowledge to whether this is the kind of thing going on with this variety, I just know it is going on with other varieties. I respect your concern for Steve's intentions, I had the same concern, which is why I contacted him directly.

With that said, happy growing everyone. I hope the forum eventually returns to the open, accepting community that it once was.

it was just my opinion. I wasn't speaking for anyone. sorry if I offended you two, but again I was just speaking for myself. I just don't like to see such a good thing start going down the tubes in purity, and greed.

No offense taken. I am sorry that my rant just happened to come after your comment. I have been feeling this way for some time now.

Rest assured though, this variety, along with about 100 other I have collected will never be "sold" by me, they will only be preserved through isolation and shared with whomever wants them. I am going to try to lead by example on how we can remedy the current issues with losing purity of strain, I just won't be doing it HERE.

To me $9 isn't greedy, but I have a different frame of reference being a commercial grower. $9 barely pays for the soil for a plant for most hobbyists and I consider it a bargain. Had PepperJam asked $30 for a SFRB of the pods "because he's the only one selling them" well then that would be a different story. Your opinion is valid though and it's not really any of my business.

I realize you weren't speaking for Steve, I probably should have left that part out, but like I said, the whole rant was just a generalization of the current trend around here.

Again, happy growing to both of you, I have nothing but respect for you both. :cheers:

sucks your leaving man. I also respect both of you guys as well. I want talking directly about pepper jam about the greed, it was more about the whole pepper industry. again I'll let it go, no biggie, I just want to see this strain survive and flourish purely like when they arrived to the u.s. by all means I know how much soil costs and more importantly the tlc we put into it. sorry for causing a ruckus boys, totally was nt intended.

Jamison said:
it was just my opinion. I wasn't speaking for anyone. sorry if I offended you two, but again I was just speaking for myself. I just don't like to see such a good thing start going down the tubes in purity, and greed.
No problem, you read the reaction of Brian "best scotch bonnet" ever. We should share pods too, not only seeds. I will stress on future auctions to please consider sharing only seeds of "A" type pods of course. Its up to the buyer to consider the request or not, just like any other pepper variety.

Back