• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil mold on soil

There is mold on the soil where I put my pepperseeds.
The seeds haven't emerged yet...it's been 10 days. (I've never had to wait this long)
Does the mold destroy the seeds?
Can I put something on the soil against the mold?
38719040-121b-4cf7-975d-293f0550bc66.jpg

Take that stuff the heck outta there. Put them with an area with a fan, and if possible, a heater. It might have killed them, but if it;s cold where you are, and it probably is, then they can take nearly a month or so to sprout.

I had the same thing on a couple of mine.  Bought new trays this year and covered with the dome.  Within a few days a few of my cells looked just like yours do.  I removed the dome put under a fan and gave them a spray with a mix of water & couple capfuls of hydrogen peroxide where i saw mold.  Problem solved for me and mine still germinated. 

Let us know where you are storing these....+1 on cold having factors on slow germ. 

Other thing is type of pepper, you dont mention what type your growing, some take longer to germ than others IMO

It might not kill the seeds, but if they germinate It'll certainly give your sprouts a hard time if conditions persist. Lots of folks here have had good luck using Hydrogen peroxide to kill mold on starting soil. It's cheap, safe and effective. Once your seeds sprout, start letting the soil's surface dry out between waterings. No moisture - no mold. Good luck!

Back