• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mongolian Beef

Thinly sliced flank steak.
Coated with corn starch and Aleppo powder and let sit 15 minutes.
Made sauce with:  soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, Hoisin sauce.
Stir fried meat.
Added sauce to meat.
Added onions to meat and sauce.
Served over rice noodles.
Tip:  Remove Mongolian Beef from sauce and put in serving bowl/plate.  Else it continues to cook and the onions get too soft.

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

Dammit man! 

I told you about posting food like that when I have the munchies  ;)

Seriously T ,,That looks amazing

Hunan and Mongolian are my 2 favorite beef dishes,,Very nice bro! 

Kevin

That looks amazing! And mongolian beef is a very close 2nd favorite to Kung Pao chicken in terms of Chinese dishes

This is the second time today I said that's my favorite dish. When I go out and eat Chinese that's the kind of Mongolian beef that I dig with green onions and not those yellow one's.  Yes, you nailed it. 

Mmmmmmm that looks so good.

Try it just like that but with some red bells. I swear sweet red bells take it up a notch.

Damn good looking chow there Buddy.... looks delicious!

The Hot Pepper said:
Mmmmmmm that looks so good.

Try it just like that but with some red bells. I swear sweet red bells take it up a notch.

My local joint's most popular dish is Mongolian lamb..... they used green bell strips.

This is the only dish i can think of that i enjoy green bell peppers in.... adds great freshness and a bit of bitterness. I assume the reds would be the same but sweeter.

Sounds picky but strips are the way to go for me too.... been to joints that have huge chunks of capsicum through their dishes... for me its a bit of a turn off.

I haven't had it a long time because it was in my old hood, but it was the best I'd ever had. There may have in fact been green as well. But definitely red. Yup, it adds a lot. I too am not a huge bell pepper fan.

Yeah, strips. :)

The Hot Pepper said:
I haven't had it a long time because it was in my old hood, but it was the best I'd ever had. There may have in fact been green as well. But definitely red. Yup, it adds a lot. I too am not a huge bell pepper fan.

Yeah, strips. :)

I pretty much only use red bells. They are the best ones IMO

Back