Morons once again doing what morons do best

So here we go again...  The paper products section is ONCE AGAIN completely empty.
.
If you're the person who stockpiles things like this, let me ask you a question...  What in the literal fuck is wrong with you?  Why do you use circular logic?  "I have to get it before everyone else does, therefore, I'm part of the problem."  Say that to yourself, over and over, until you actually start to care.  You're going out of your way to stockpile an ass-wiping product, for a condition that is not related to your anus, in any way, shape, or form. (other than the fact that your head may be wedged in there, and the mess may be great when/if it ever gets pulled out)
.
Is this because Joe Biden got elected, or is this because we think we're going to get forcibly quarantined?  At this point, I'm so confused.  I don't know what ANY of you are really thinking.
.
Conversely, if you work in retail, why aren't stores putting a stop to this bullshit early?  Do you (or your managers) just not understand that the problem (real or perceived) is arguably worse, when you keep people on the streets, searching for scarce commodities, during a non-panic situation?
.
Yikes.  One sheep goes "baaaaah", and they all do.  Some of you scare me way more than whatever the problem is. (even that is not clear, anymore)
 

Harry_Dangler

Extreme Member
Same here.  It's all gone crazy again. People have lost their F'ing minds. Paper products are gone.  Meat is running a close 2nd.  I guess I missed the email.  I hope it doesn't spread to Scotch!
 
Harry_Dangler said:
Same here.  It's all gone crazy again. People have lost their F'ing minds. Paper products are gone.  Meat is running a close 2nd.  I guess I missed the email.  I hope it doesn't spread to Scotch!
 
Time to revive the antiseptic thread!
 
So stock up on things casually. Rather than getting several at once, get the usual amount but don't wait until you're nearly out to do it again.
 
You'll end up with way more than enough over time and you won't be one of those assholes that is out there acting like they're on Supermarket Sweep.
 

ahayastani

Extreme Member
Same here, but everyone is taking precautions for Iota that is going to (s)hit us hard. Anyway, there is the left-hand technique and I suppose trees are dropping their leaves around this time of the year over there?
 
I buy a pack of paper towels and toilet paper every week. Whatever I dont use I throw away and just buy more next week.
 
What gets me is the hoarders are the same people who don't wear masks...protect themselves or others from them.
They get free food etc. from everywhere they can also.
It now seems people think a vaccine is coming and if they get sic they won't die.
First vaccine had nasty side effects-in a short time.
fast tracking a vaccine might be worse than running out of but wipe or ???
 
I had cancer and chemo killed it.But it didn't cure what cancer did to me.
 
smokemaster said:
What gets me is the hoarders are the same people who don't wear masks...protect themselves or others from them.
They get free food etc. from everywhere they can also.
It now seems people think a vaccine is coming and if they get sic they won't die.
First vaccine had nasty side effects-in a short time.
fast tracking a vaccine might be worse than running out of but wipe or ???
 
I had cancer and chemo killed it.But it didn't cure what cancer did to me.
 
First off, I'm really sorry for you about the cancer.  I watched a very good friend die a few years back.  He was a non-smoker who contracted hereditary lung cancer.  His father was also a non-smoker, died at the very same age from the same thing.  In the end, the doctors gave an amazing prognosis, he was on his way, one last chemo treatment.  He went down pretty hard 3 days after the last round, was intubated, and never came back.  I swear to Glob, if I ever get cancer, I'm just going to let it do what it does.  I've seen far too many people get devastated by chemo, and just end up wasted away, and miserable. It would be better (for me, in my opinion) to just live well for however long it gives me.  I'm not making it out alive, anyway.  And my friend's story is FAR from being unique, or even the minority.
.
That being said, I am happy that you made it through.  Congrats probably isn't the right sentiment, but I'm glad you're still here.
.
However, I can't agree that it's just non-maskers who are doing this.  I just returned from living in the most liberal/progressive area in Seattle, where the maskers are every bit as fanatical as the non-maskers are defiant.  And let me tell you, I couldn't get toilet paper there, either.  So it's pretty unfair to attribute a human condition to a particular set of people - which, by extension, implies politics.  For as much as I wish it were that simple, it just isn't. 
 
bob65 said:
The toilet paper sells out because if someone sneezes then everyone around them shits themselves.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
 
 
Brilliant, mate.  I'm either really happy, or further dismayed at humanity, to know that we aren't the only ones who have lost our goddamned minds.
 
I haven't seen paper products in stores in weeks. It was fine for a while, as meat was the thing flying off the shelf, but then all the northern front plate vehicles started showing up down here in SoFla again. I saw some old couple filling their cart with all the flour and sugar they could get their hands on.

Not a surprise stuff like this keeps happening. To the outside, it's gotta look like 'Murica is just a bunch of unedumacated monkeys running around throwing shit at the fire and panicking that its just fueling it rather than going out.
 
[SIZE=10.5pt]It's not just paper products.  I was going to make Lasagna[/SIZE] this past Sunday and I went to Costco and two supermarkets and none of them had ricotta.  My nephew works at Walmart and the local one can’t keep mason jars on the shelves.  Are people canning their TP?
 
Demented said:
 I saw some old couple filling their cart with all the flour and sugar they could get their hands on.
 
To be fair, those types of baking items are usually on sale this time of year. I have seen people load up on those in prior years.  But, I didn't see what you saw.
 
ahayastani said:
Same here, but everyone is taking precautions for Iota that is going to (s)hit us hard. Anyway, there is the left-hand technique and I suppose trees are dropping their leaves around this time of the year over there?
 
As a veteran of many hurricanes, I say to you, may you be safe and well.  And take your plants in...
 
Update:  It's next to impossible to buy paper products locally, so I had to buy on Amazon.  I only bought one package of toilet paper.  That being said, since everything in small packages was obliterated, I ended up with a box of 80 rolls of commercial (bulk pack) paper, like they use in hotels (I'm also on septic and need a septic safe option - can't use the quilty stuff).  The cost + shipping was ridiculous to my area for most offerings.  That one was free ship.  And there was PLENTY of it.  So I hope like hell this isn't the stuff that gives you splinters when you use it.  Or I'm gonna have a sore ass for the forseeable future.  And of course, it just couldn't have happened before Halloween.
.
To think we smear poop on this stuff, but it's practically currency right now.  You just can't make it up.
 
Ruid said:
So stock up on things casually. Rather than getting several at once, get the usual amount but don't wait until you're nearly out to do it again.
 
You'll end up with way more than enough over time and you won't be one of those assholes that is out there acting like they're on Supermarket Sweep.

That is actually the advice the government here has given to be prepared without panic buying.

Unfortunately people's fears often overrule clear thinking .
 
I don't go on the forums that much anymore, but seeing this post MADE MY DAY.  So happy to see you on THP posting Smokemaster!!   Boy do I know what you mean about chemo killing cancer, but you pay a price.  I'll send you a PM.
 
Chris
 
 
 
smokemaster said:
What gets me is the hoarders are the same people who don't wear masks...protect themselves or others from them.
They get free food etc. from everywhere they can also.
It now seems people think a vaccine is coming and if they get sic they won't die.
First vaccine had nasty side effects-in a short time.
fast tracking a vaccine might be worse than running out of but wipe or ???
 
I had cancer and chemo killed it.But it didn't cure what cancer did to me.
 
Ashen said:
That is actually the advice the government here has given to be prepared without panic buying.

Unfortunately people's fears often overrule clear thinking .
 
80% of the population are blithering idiots. 
 
Societies are literally built around 20% of the population.
 
This is no surprise.
 
Your government puts too much faith in people.
 
Top