Moruga blend the same as moruga, right? Also...

I have seed packs labeled both ways but from reading around the internet, I am seeing they are indeed the same and that moruga blend is the actual name, but blend was dropped and it became just moruga? 

Also, I have been reading that brain strain and moruga are the same pepper, brain strain being around the longest.  Any truth to that or is it only a coincidence they look alike?  I find all of this crossing of this and that to something new interesting and have devoted a good bit of time recently reading up on how all of it works. 

My understanding is that there are two separate Morugas. One is the TSMB and the other, I believe, is just a Moruga Red. I don't believe it's a TS. Significantly less hot too, of course.

It depends, sometimes it may be the same pepper, sometimes not.  Often people will stick to the name they received with the seeds.  For example, when I received seeds, they arrived as Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend, so I'm sticking with this name.  Also, after a few generations and grows, they actually become slightly different from selection.  So the names may also indicate a different pepper over time.  Some people just switch names too, so it's hard to tell.

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend or Moruga blend or Moruga Scorpion = same thing

Moruga red or Moruga yellow are other peppers from Trinidad that aren`t a superhot, but are extremely flavorful and probably twice as hot as a habenero.

Interesting.  I have a packet I received that says moruga blend and another that simply says moruga.  I think I might have one that says mouruga as well.  All from different folks. Kinda makes me want to toss them out

Browning said:
Interesting.  I have a packet I received that says moruga blend and another that simply says moruga.  I think I might have one that says mouruga as well.  All from different folks. Kinda makes me want to toss them out
Why toss them out? Why not grow each kind out to see what they produce? Seems like a waste of perfectly good seeds to just throw them away because you aren't sure what they'll become.

Back