• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Moruga Red thirsty?

One of my Moruga Reds is close to 3 feet tall pods starting all over and it is wilting every 3 to 4 days I water it and it perks right back up It's in a 5 gallon bag with no other signs of damage or stress not dropping flowers nothing. looks like lower leaves start wilting 1st . While all my other pepper plants seem to go close to 2 weeks without wanting water and are also producing. pods, Don't think its root bound or anything. Just afraid of crossing the water line.

Do some plants want way more water once they start podding out? 

i'm watering every day o.0! we got temps over 90 err day though.
I would ateleast do once a week man they do need more water then they are producing!

juanitos said:
i'm watering every day o.0! we got temps over 90 err day though.
I would ateleast do once a week man they do need more water then they are producing!

Yea that was what I kinda thought just did not want to pass the point of over watering , Man I tell you this 1st batch of plants are going crazy I have to find shady spots everywhere this weekend.  My little 10x 20 shade room is starting to look like a Jungle at Christmas time lol - 

Watering every 3-4 days isnt much. You trying to stress the plants? Serious question. If the plants are constantly shaded it would make sense. My plants get watered daily, at least most of them do. You can try potting the plant up or make sure its shaded if it isnt already.

I think most peppers want a bit more water when plumping up the fruit and a little less to ripen.  Seems like the structure of plant material is mostly water.  So to expand that structure beyond the normal putting on foliage they would need more.

Back