Morugas at work

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
I brought in my Peppers in a Can cans to work, filled them with soil and put some Morugas in them. As of today, I have 3 sprouts. Here are the pics...

IMG_20130607_164849_558-vi.jpg

IMG_20130615_151026_319-vi.jpg

tylerdodd25_92 said:
better late than never

Well, I only put the seeds in about a week and a half ago...

And make that 4 sprouts. The 4th sprout showed itself when I added a little water to the can-pots and voila, there it was :)

One week later, and I have a total of 8 sprouts:

IMG_20130621_163000_957-vi.jpg

IMG_20130621_163008_736-vi.jpg

I have no experience trying to grow plants in such small containers... are they gonna get big enough in those cups to yield any fruit?

Well, if I reduce them to just one per container, then chances are they'll get just big enough to bear at least a couple fruit per plant, especially with sufficient light, water & fertilizer

I grew a Chinese 5-color in my office for a while.  I had a 24W CFL directly on it.  It was pretty leggy, but did set a couple of pods which ultimately did ripen.  But I never fertilized it and it ultimately turned yellow.  Aphids then found it (indoors!).  It died.  If you make sure they stay fertilized and maybe use three or four lights, as well as maintain vigilance for pests, they just might do OK. 

Good luck!

That's what I figured, Doc. I have them away from the windows for now until they grow a little bigger, but then I'll put them by the windows because the office has some pretty good direct sunlight throughout the day

Back