• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Most beautiful pepper plant???

So, I am curious to see what you all think is the most beautiful looking Pepper or Pepper Plant you have grown or are growing.
I know there are "decorative" pepper plants out there but how is the flavor? Is there a "non-ornamental" that is just a pretty pod or plant?
Make this fun, Post pics, suggestions, comments and interact. :)
Ready, Set, GO!!!!!

Aji Omnicolor is you like baccatum flavor. I haven't tried any myself but its a very attractive plant.
aji-omnicolor-pepper-plants.jpg

Chinese 5 Color (annuum) Never tried these either.
five-color-pepper-plants.jpg

If the Aji Omnicolor has a flavor even close to a lemon drop, you will love them. (Assuming you like baccatums) They will produced LOTS of peppers that are not brutally hot. I think it would be kinda cool being able to make hot sauce with a variety of colors off one plant. I still have frozen lemon drops from last year off just 2 plants.

ynwwIen.jpg

GUYANA TRAGEDY PEPPER
Species: Chinese

This pepper is roughly 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch. This is a Dynamite pepper that grows in abundance on a small bush like plant. One plant can produce up to 100 pods.
I grew a lot of ornamental types  last year,this pepper stood out,thou' not an ornamental, d/t its various  lovely hues & good heat.On my bucket list as a repeat offender. ;)

I dont know if there is any one particular plant that is more beautiful than another, any more than I could say there is a best tasting pepper. All I know is any plant that I grow that put up a whole bunch of bright unblemished tasty hot peppers is beautiful in my eyes.

Blitz527 said:

Just snapped this pic a few minutes ago.  Be nice now because this plant was dug up in February and transplanted a few dozen yards away then hit with 48-0-0 the same day.  It dumped all of its leaves and I figured it was toast.  It's coming back fast and furious and if you zoom in you can see the first blooms starting to show.  I moved it due to the wife wanting another bell pepper.  Its all good!

Edit...  It is likely this is a hybrid as it was grown from the seed of a fish pepper seedling I purchased from a well know grower that grew up right under one of my Chiltepin hybrids.  Peppers are smaller than other Fish peppers and more along the lines of Habs in heat.

CesjeUX.jpg

Back