Mother in law made "dirty rice"

which is chop meat with rice and spices, all cooked nice.

I cut up an orange hab and stirred it in. It spiced that dish up the way it was meant to be.

I like dirty rice, especially when I don't have to take clean rice and scatter it on the garden and then pick up the husks! Then again, I love barley - I add it in soup and meatloaf all the time.

Mike

Supermarkets around here carry dirty rice - just add your own meat/sauce/cheese as you see fit. I've covered chicken, pork chops, fish, hamburger, round steak - just about everything with it.

Mike

It's this stuff. You supply the meat and water. The orange hab really made it shine though. I'm sure down in New Orleans they make it from scratch.

727.jpg

rainbowberry said:
I take it you like Mad Dog?

Yeah, my wife picked it up at a cooking show a few years ago. The stuff goes a long way. All you need is a drop or two to spice up and entire bowl of something. The drop or two adds quote a kick. It's not as hot as it used to be because of my indulgence with straight habs lately, but it's still pretty frekin hot stuff.

rainbowberry said:
See I hate the stuff, I think it's the smell of it.

Well, it's really just for adding heat. You mix the smallest amount into whatever you are eating. It's best in foods that it can be mixed or tossed into. It's not really for pouring over your food like Tabasco or that sort of thing.

I've had this rice several times before & its good!! though I don't add meat to it, I just use it as a side dish served with something else.

worlok said:

if you like the above rice, you should try this rice, if you ever see it for sale. it's really good!! all the vigo seasoned rice are good!

1290.jpg

chilehunter said:
if you like the above rice, you should try this rice, if you ever see it for sale. it's really good!! all the vigo seasoned rice are good!

1290.jpg

My only thing about the Vigo ones is they have a large amount of sodium in them. Other than that they taste awesome.

Back