• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Mrs. Renfro's Mango Habanero Salsa

Heat level 5. Chunky. States on jar that this is a medium heat which seems accurate. Burns on the front half of the tongue and a slighter burn in the back of the throat.. So far I have only tried straight from the jar. Nice fruit flavor. First pepper isn't until the 6th ingredient. Has green chile peppers, jalapenos and habaneros.

I like it. It's got a bit of zip but friendly enough to share with friends. Great flavour.

Just picked up Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa last night. It's pretty tasty! Not as hot as I would have guessed, but definitely on the hotter side of any salsa I've seen in a big-box store. I'm glad the flavour is good.

I've had it a few times, along with their bhut version, and kicked up the heat with some smoked powder. Love the base flavor and without a heat increase it works for the whole family.

Solid product. :dance:

-Peter

My local Big Lots has this now @ $1.60 a jar, which seems like a bargain. This one's a "hot". Really nice bite to it heat-wise and like the flavor quite a bit.

Agree with folks here - this is a winner. Very solid product. At that price I'm gonna run back to Big Lots & stock up.

My local Big Lots has this now @ $1.60 a jar, which seems like a bargain. This one's a "hot". Really nice bite to it heat-wise and like the flavor quite a bit.

Agree with folks here - this is a winner. Very solid product. At that price I'm gonna run back to Big Lots & stock up.

big lots in our area has had various mrs renfro's products on the shelf consistently for ages- good stuff at good prices.

This stuff is good and, more importantly, it's available within a short drive (at least in the DFW Metroplex). But, having gone through "Zestfest" a few weeks ago... there are some seminal products that aren't yet within reach. You can get sweettoheat.com on-line, but again, the damn shipping charges.

I just got Mrs. Renfro's Habenero sauce from Odd Lots. Tastes pretty good. Nice smokiness to it. The jar says hot. Probably accurate for the non-pepper head general public. But it isn't really that hot.

I guess I'd say it is a solid salsa for the price, but not an "Oh my gosh, I got to have it" kind of sauce.

I just got Mrs. Renfro's Habenero sauce from Odd Lots. Tastes pretty good. Nice smokiness to it. The jar says hot. Probably accurate for the non-pepper head general public. But it isn't really that hot.

True, but it's 1/4 the cost of and 5X the flavor of that crappy Guy Fieri's 5 pepper sauce. That stuff's as spicy as ketchup. Renfro's actually has a good kick & lingering heat. Nothing ridiculous of course but unlike Fieri's I don't question whether they really put hot peppers in it.

True, but it's 1/4 the cost of and 5X the flavor of that crappy Guy Fieri's 5 pepper sauce. That stuff's as spicy as ketchup. Renfro's actually has a good kick & lingering heat. Nothing ridiculous of course but unlike Fieri's I don't question whether they really put hot peppers in it.
LOL!!!! Now I want to try Guy's just to see how bad it is!!!

I tried a jar before I left the house this trip-....being the incessant recipe tweaker...I tossed a few Fatalii's and choc habs in it, warmed it in the microwave
(then ofcourse-fresh cilantro ;)!!!
.........and its taste is like nothing you would expect to find at that price!!sssshhhhh, or they will jack the price up!Review was spot on!

Back