food Muffin Meatloaf

I just came up with this today and loved it. I hope everyone else will too.

This is pretty much regular meatloaf but spiced up and cooked in a muffin tray. Here is what I did:

1/2 lb ground sirloin
1/2 lb ground pork
2 Habenaro "ice cubes"
2 Jalapeno "ice cubes"
1 sweet onion (diced)
2 Tbs. minced garlic (or more - I like garlic)
2 pinches of cayenne powder
1 pinch or so of ground allspice
1 pinch or so of ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 cup bread crumbs (I used Progresso Italian style)
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/8 cup milk
1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce
peppered bacon
shredded Provolone cheese
several fresh jalapeno peppers (diced)

In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients together except the bacon and cheese (I found it is best to use bare hands, but this is messy). Next fill muffin tray with the meat mixture. I took a spoon and hollowed out the center of each "meat muffin" and placed several pieces of diced jalapeno peppers and a pinch of shredded provolone cheese in, cover back up with the meat mixture. Cut strips of peppered bacon long enough to fit on top of each "meat muffin"

Place in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until meat temp reaches 160-170 degrees. I served this with noodles and the remaining spaghetti sauce.

Hope you all enjoy. :)

Paul

Personal meat loaves... genius.

Sorry about that, I should have explained. Last year I minced some peppers and then froze them in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I popped them out into freezer bags, giving "pepper cubes". I am not sure how many peppers per "pepper cube" though. Hope this helps, I have never wrote a recipe before and hope that this one isn't too confusing.

Paul

Reference the "ice cubes"
I have several bags of pepper cubes in the freezer. They were easy to make. I washed and sliced the pepper in half, then placed them in the food processor seeds and all and chopped them up until they where minced. Next, I added some olive oil (just enough to wet them), thinking that this would give them something to bond to. Then I spooned them into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, usually overnight, I popped them all out and placed in labeled freezer bags. I did this for the habs, Jalopenos, Pablanos and Hungarian Hots that I was given. I assume that any hot pepper can be done this way. I have not noticed any considerable heat or taste loss.

I have found that this is a great way of freezing peppers and I have gotten use to how many "ice cubes" I need depending on what I'm cooking. Sometimes I even cut the cubes in half if needed.

Paul

mudatvs said:
Reference the "ice cubes"
I have several bags of pepper cubes in the freezer. They were easy to make. I washed and sliced the pepper in half, then placed them in the food processor seeds and all and chopped them up until they where minced. Next, I added some olive oil (just enough to wet them), thinking that this would give them something to bond to. Then I spooned them into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, usually overnight, I popped them all out and placed in labeled freezer bags. I did this for the habs, Jalopenos, Pablanos and Hungarian Hots that I was given. I assume that any hot pepper can be done this way. I have not noticed any considerable heat or taste loss.

I have found that this is a great way of freezing peppers and I have gotten use to how many "ice cubes" I need depending on what I'm cooking. Sometimes I even cut the cubes in half if needed.

Paul

Interesting....i just toss my peppers whole in the freezer. Never had any problems with doing it like that.

:onfire: I took some of them to work and they all loved it. Well atleat the people that like hot food.....:lol: I would love to hear how you liked it.

Back