• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mulch?

So, it looks like most of my plants are suffering from a fungal issue. I seem to have it under control at the moment, but this isn't the sort of thing that ever just goes away entirely. Pretty much every time it rains I find new spots on leaves from soil splashed onto the plant, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea to minimize this rain splash. I don't think it's quite warm or dry enough for mulch quite yet, but does anyone have recommendations for what to do about this with potted peppers? I know most mulches cool the soil, but I'm trying to consider the lesser of two evils here. At least it should be good for my Rocotos and maybe some of the Aji peppers later in the season...

You could also use some hydrogen peroxide in your water to help prevent fungal issues. Someone on here with more knowledge can help you with how much to add to the water. I use a a tablespoon to a quart of water and it seems to help. Hope this helps!!

Charles

I've been applying neem oil and it seems to have stopped the spread, but I'll keep that in mind in case the neem oil ceases being useful.

Back