• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

MUNDU.......Super Hot WOW !!!

Guys,

I just couldn't wait to tear the parcel and chew the pods I got carried by a friend.So immediately after my usual breakfast, I tasted Mundu.

Bydgi I know are mild so I chewed a small bullet sized pod of MUNDU.

Boy !!! I thought that I have chewed on a scorpion sting.
I just say....WOW WOW WOW .:onfire::mouthonfire:

I am so excited. I betcha you would not have tasted such a pungent and biting pepper . It has a peculiar trait.
The heat and the tingling in mouth takes a loooooong time to subside. I would love to work with these in my recipes.:hell:

Next to report will be SANNAM. That will be today evening.

If possible, I will try and post a video of Mundu if I record it today or tomorrow.

NJA

Pepperfreak said:
Sounds great NJA...so they are hotter than a 7Pod or a Bhut?

PF,

I would not say that . But pungency added to heat makes Mundu a very attractive candidate for us pepper guys.

If you ask me,
My favs to grow would be,
Bhut, Kanthari, Mundu Bydgi and Sannam in same order.

Actually MUNDU are known as GUNDU. Gundu means both round and also BULLET.

NJA

Novacastrian said:
Could it be the elusive pepper from hell?

I must have it :hell:

No , not again. This BULLET PEPPER is different and is nothing like you have tried before.

NJA

My seed bags are getting ready. Will wait for 2nd batch of seeds to come and then post it.

NJA

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
hmm sounds interesting. Can you post a pic of one?

Please look at the pics.

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
Friends,

OK. I received the photographs of my next generation of Hot chillies from India.

KANTHARI (Now dried and ready to be shipped)

4107484116_5c7fa9ba25_o.jpg

CHOT Mensinkai (17 varieties)Bird Chilli

4107489000_85238bf2cc.jpg

MUNDU

4107512538_ee3e6a3a4c_m.jpg

In all probability, I would be receiving the seeds by December 1st week.

I am very excited.

NJA

NJA

peppermanbaha said:
great looks like something worth trying. did u get 2 trying the others.

No . Not today. I prepare Dead Mouth Mach II sauce today for sampling.
May be tomorrow after breakfast, I will try.

NJA

peppermanbaha said:
r u saving seeds from the mundu pepper.

I got whole peppers from India because I would not trust anyone otherwise.
Yes, I am saving them from healthy selected peppers.
I always do that. No cross pollination chances with my seeds. They are pure.

NJA

NJA, do you think the fact they were grown in their native country exaggerated heat levels? :) You've got me excited as I live by many Indian grocery stores, but none of the bagged dried chiles they carry have much heat. Do you find this too? Are they not authentic?

cmpman1974 said:
NJA, do you think the fact they were grown in their native country exaggerated heat levels? :) You've got me excited as I live by many Indian grocery stores, but none of the bagged dried chiles they carry have much heat. Do you find this too? Are they not authentic?

I do not think so. They should give good heat even in US.

In US, I find that the importers are getting only milder varieties and it is such a disappointing thing.

Even extra Hot chilli powder is hard to come by. Last year I bought hot chilli powder and it turned out to be a mild thingy.

Thank God that I got a pound of virgin extra hot Guntur through a friend who came in this week.

I was really stunned by Mundu. They are real hot and lovely to have in food.
Alas...I should get about a pound to make spice powder.
May be next year, I will grow enough.

NJA

Yeah NJA, a lot of the Indian markets seem to be franchises or chain stores. i tried what they call extra hot powder and just laughed. THe guy was warning me of this and that. That said, I don't have the heat tolerance of many here. I would love to try a small sample of that Guntur powder if possible. Just enough to taste it. :) It's nice to know what you're in for. lol.

Chris

Back