• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

murdering thrips..

Hey guys, I usually don't do this but I decided to bring a few plants into my grow room early to produce over the winter. I sprayed em down with my dawn/neem mix which kills all aphids instantly. I just noticed on one of my shishitos some leaf damage that looked just like aphid damage and thought "NO IT CAN'T BE!!!!!". No aphids found... So I removed some flowers and cut them apart, sure enough...western flower thrips.

Now these tiny bastards are so small and hide so well my dawn/neem spray is not good enough to eradicate them, I need to do something quick before they spread to my 20+ other pepper plants. Anyone have luck with azamax or spinosad for thrip eradication?

I am thinking to cover my soil (so it doesn't fall out) flip the plants over and do a full dunk/soak in something to really penetrate all crevices then follow up with weekly spraying for a few weeks. Any advise on a dunk on the cheap? Mabey just the dawn and my bathtub full of water? Bubble bath of death? Lol

Have you guys had luck on thrips with either azamax or spinosad in just spraying? So far the thrip population isn't too bad, but it needs to be addressed before they go rampant and I end up tossing all my plants mid winter. I also have over 25 rare orchids in the same room I wish to not get thrips. Last year I battled whiteflies that came in on huge gerbera daisies I bring in and out every year, I'm an aphid killing master but the thrips are keeping an upper hand on me this year.

Back