• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Musky's 2011

Well, here goes nothing (or something if I'm lucky)!
I started seeds using the paper towel method on 1-22-11 because it has worked good for me in the past. I've always just put them on top of the fridge but this year I'm using a heat mat. It took a while to get the temp adjusted (while I was waiting for seeds) but now I have a constant 82-83 degrees. I'm using 72-cell trays that come apart into 12 6-cell packs. I'm shooting for 6 seedlings of each variety. Because I expect the different varieties to pop at different times, and I have limited space on the heat mat, I cut 2 trays up into 72 individual cells and placed them into un-cut trays. Now I can take out individual sprouts and move them to my light rack as they pop where I have more un-cut trays waiting. It seems like this will work good. I'm using 4 tube t8'S.
Anyways, this is what I got going so far:
7pod barrack pore
7pod red
7pod yellow
7pod large yellow
7pod douglah(OP)
Bhut red
Bhut chocolate
Bhut yellow
Bhut assam indian carbon
Bih jolokia
Dorset naga
Bombay morich
T.S. red
T.S. morouga blend
T.S. yellow
Fatalii
Chocolate hab
White bullet hab

I'm also planning on trying some DWC, but not quite yet.
I will post pics when I get some hooks.
Wish me luck!

You may want to consider a dwc more sooner than later.

pictured are 2 scotch bonnet plants, both were started from seed in soil, after i grew 2 monster size hot lemons and a caribbean red, i decided to move 1 of the bonnets to my dwc. i am guessing that was just about a month ago that i washed it from soil and put it between sliced rockwool, made a basket and inserted it into the dwc. as you can see the soil bonnet really hasn't improved much in a month but everyday, yes everyday, i notice new growth in the dwc bonnet. (i made the dwc from materials i had around the house and this past weekend had to go out and purchase another tote to convert into another dwc.(the plant in the forefront is a fatalii).

HPIM1943.jpg

Hey BC
Your plants look great!
I realize a DWC is usually a lot faster than soil. That's why I want to wait a while. I would like to put a few 5 gallon buckets outside this year because I get good sun and have limited space indoors. I plan on burying them in the ground to help keep them cool. I'll also have another smaller bucket or other rain proof container to house the pump. I'm thinking about burying an empty bucket and putting the actual DWC bucket inside that so it's easy to remove for nute changes etc...

Do you guys/gals think this will work? Thanks!

Hey BC
Your plants look great!
I realize a DWC is usually a lot faster than soil. That's why I want to wait a while. I would like to put a few 5 gallon buckets outside this year because I get good sun and have limited space indoors. I plan on burying them in the ground to help keep them cool. I'll also have another smaller bucket or other rain proof container to house the pump. I'm thinking about burying an empty bucket and putting the actual DWC bucket inside that so it's easy to remove for nute changes etc...

Do you guys/gals think this will work? Thanks!

I think it should work nicely. Geothermal Deep Water Culture. :cool:

Well, my operation has got a little bigger than I had originally planned. Now I'm splitting the costs with a friend of mine and starting both of our plants at my house. As of now, we have 195 sprouts from the original list plus 44 sweet bell pepper sprouts from seed I saved from last year. I also got the OK from my mom to plant some "extras" at her house in the spring(she has 4 acres) :woohoo: Now we just need some more lights! My computer crashed a few days ago, so I'm using a friend's right now. I will post some pics as soon as mine is up and running again. My little yard is going to be full this year! :dance:

Back