chinense Mustard Habanero Pod Review - From PepperLover.com

This was a HUGE pepper.  Even my big mouth couldn't fit the whole thing in at once.  Had a really good flavor and a little bit less heat than your average orange habanero.

My Rating:
Heat: 3
Flavor: 8.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21ZSJFt3JA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiYHmndhluQL2PQhTlYItkw

Thanks for this. I will be planting mustard habanero seeds come January 1st. I just need to pick them up from my parent's place first, I tried superhots this year and my husband and I have decided that we prefer fruit that is less hot because then we can throw more into the dinner and it gives a stronger taste. So on the one hand it's good that the fruit is very large but you say it has a mild flavour. Do you mean that it doesn't have much of a flavour or that it is particularly well balanced?

Shinty said:
Thanks for this. I will be planting mustard habanero seeds come January 1st. I just need to pick them up from my parent's place first, I tried superhots this year and my husband and I have decided that we prefer fruit that is less hot because then we can throw more into the dinner and it gives a stronger taste. So on the one hand it's good that the fruit is very large but you say it has a mild flavour. Do you mean that it doesn't have much of a flavour or that it is particularly well balanced?
I wouldn't say it doesn't have much of a flavor.  But a lot of Chinenses have a bold in your face flavor.  This flavor is much more low key.  And yes, the flavors do balance well together on this one.
meatfreak said:
Mmm, that's weird I found that the Mustard Hab is a lot hotter then your regular orange Hab. Must be my perception :) Flavor is really spicy like a Chocolate Habanero.

This is the first Mustard Hab I've eaten, so that's all I have to go on.  Perhaps typical heat is hotter than an orange hab?

I loved the Mustard Hab from Judy.  The flavor was outstanding and I found them quite mild as well.  Definitely a must grow for me next year.  They were monsters and had great flavor.

Editing to add with the heat level they would be great for poppers.

Back