• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My! As Hairy as they come..Goat's Weed

1goatsweed.jpg
\

C. annuum var. 'Goat's Weed'   Foto from Fatalii.net

Unusually hairy trunk for a chile plant! Goat´s Weed is very nice looking plant.
 ​
An exotic hot pepper variety having 3" long fruits that ripen from green to black to red and have a fairly hot flavor. The fruits remain at the black stage for a number of weeks providing an exotic and ornamental look to the plant. In addition, stems and leaves are covered in silvery hairs. Plants show tall, upright growth up to 3-5 feet. The variety is also known to overwinter quite well in relatively frost free climates.

Masher said:
Cool looking, It's on my grow list this season
A must on the grow list. I grow it every year. I have a couple lbs in the freezer for Winter cooking, and a few ounces of dried as well. Grew 10 plants this year. Very hardy. Don't mind the intense Sun at my elevation.

Likewise, I've grown these every now and then and they are super hardy (even in intense heat) and look cool.

Pods are relatively flavorless (to me), but are fairly high heat. I loved them for "filler" in powders.

Back