my carolina reaper

this is my carolina reaper, been inside from seed, 18 hours of light 6 hours of dark, was just wondering if its small for being 65 days since they sprouted from seeds

its starting to get little buds like clusters of 5 and probly 10+ on the plant.

it was 14" tall last sunday and today its about 18" or just shy of 18".. its in a 5 gallon pot and im not counting the container in its height lol

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

Island_Dan said:
It looks good. Superhots are slow growing. You get use to it though...

thanks, ya i know they grow slower than normal i was just wondering if for 60 days is a little behind or not is all

i started them off in hydroponics, aerogarden thought it might jumpstart the plant size then move to soil for bigger overall in long run

I have never grown anything hydroponically.  Does the plant suffer much shock moving from hydro to soil?  Your plant looks stunning.

i used hydro for about maybe 4 weeks so maybe 3 after seed sprouted and it got about 6" tall and bushy in that time, same size as my plants that were around 6 weeks old, so it seemed to grow faster a lot faster lol, but i planted them in soil, no leaf drop no wilting, was like it was planted in soil from the start, i just left lights off that night and put back on in the morning, instead of 6 hours of darkness they got 12, might have helped with the shock, oh and i watered them with this plant starter fertalizer 10-52-10 at half strength, suppose to help with transplant shock

17091.6668240_4.jpg

Back