labels My Cheap Homemade Label

So, for the home sauce maker that gets the urge to do some home sauce brewing, then gets the urge to label them, here is what I did, cheaply.
After brewing my sauce, I went to my basement where I have saved a couple dozen baby jars with lids(Gerber stype) from when the girls were babies and washed them up. I filled the jars, wipe them down and put them into the beer fridge. I got 14 jars, my peppers are grown in pots, this year only 11 plants but full of pods.
Then, I went to my computer drawer where I had some Avery laser labels(5160), sheet of 30 labels. I then went to http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/hot-pepper.html and selected an image for my label. Then I went to Avery.com and they have an online design and print program. I selected a simple label design and uploaded the pepper image, filled in the blanks and printed to my Samsung CLP-300. Lick and stick!

HPIM1531.jpg

HPIM1532.jpg

"Farmers Market" looking labels make something look good and homemade, nice job. By washing them, I hope you mean you sterilized them.

i've used baby food jars before and the only prob was with some the popper in the lid wouldn't in down, meaning no vacuum seal but all that meant was they were the ones i used first?

They dont look bad! at least you used sticker!!! LMAO...the first label I did were on normal paper then I glued (good old elmers glue) them on the bottles and jars!!!lol

sterilize? isn't that what Capsicum does?

I boiled them first and correct, if the lid doesn't seat properly in the trash she goes and onto another lid. With only 14 jars you can tell if the lid takes. I find the lids evenually do fail after a several uses.

I don't have a dishwater and with the small amount I can give the personalized touch while cleaning the jars. I do the same with my horseradish.

The only real problem I have is 14 jars and half the neighbourhood wants a jar. Oh well, at least I can remember the taste testing whilst brewing.

.... the sauce is not as hot as I thought but nice flavour. I used okra as a thicking agent. Main peppers are habanero and goats weed(there may have been some jalapeno, serano or ceyenne, I just used what was in the freezer), the deep orange/yellow colour is actually do to an accidental spasm as I was adding a tablespoon of tumeric. (the booze gives me the shakes)

Back