• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

my cheap led light box **IMPROVEMENT**

i've added a couple of fans to my light box so we can get a little air flow in there.

fanbox.jpg

Thinkin about adding another 2, but can't decide whether to have them all blowing in or 2 in 2 out any thoughts/ideas?

I'd have them all blowing out, mounted toward the top with passive intakes toward the bottom. Heat rises, so you'll leverage the action of convection to increase the efficiency of your fans.

Is the Box completely closed? If so I would definitely suck some air in. Looking at the size of the fan 1 should do. Any specs?

lee said:
Is the Box completely closed? If so I would definitely suck some air in. Looking at the size of the fan 1 should do. Any specs?

they are cooling fans taken from comp power units

Txclosetgrower said:
I'd have them all blowing out, mounted toward the top with passive intakes toward the bottom. Heat rises, so you'll leverage the action of convection to increase the efficiency of your fans.

the temps are not the problem it's the air going stale with no air flow a couple of the first batch of plant that were in the box started showing signs of edema, this is the reason i'm putting fans in

Davetaylor said:
the temps are not the problem it's the air going stale with no air flow a couple of the first batch of plant that were in the box started showing signs of edema, this is the reason i'm putting fans in

Yeah, regardless of the reason for ventilating the box, I still believe that fans toward the top with intakes toward the bottom is the best way to go as far as getting good airflow. Although in that size box, i don't think it will really matter all that much considering one of those fans will probably exchange the total volume of air every couple minutes.

Back