• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My cousin is getting me a pod (with seeds) real soon..

He has this friend at work who is just as into hot peppers (and super hots) as I am. Apparently, this pod with seeds is a hybrid of Scotch Bonnet x 7-Pot. My cousin told me "7-Pot is 900k SHU".

I'm excited, but I'm also curious on how this mixture might turn out. Scotch Bonnets have this lovely stinky-fruit aroma, yet I have never experienced anything from a 7-Pot/Pod. Someone please speculate for me - I'm sweating just thinking about it!

Like Dulac said above, no way of knowing. If it's an F1 hybrid then each seed may produce different plants/pods. If you have the room then i'd recommend planting a bunch, then you would only harvest the seeds from the plants/pods with the best traits. Just be sure to isolate the flowers of donor pods to keep them from hybridizing any further. Keep following a similar program for a few years and you may end up with something stable. But first read up on the topic to make sure you're doing everything the right way.

I wonder what variants you would get in the first generation, keep us posted if you follow up.

Edit: Just thought of something, i wonder what a Scotch Bonnet / Fatalii cross would produce. Both are yellow peppers with distinct tastes and aromas...

Back