• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Dwarf Caribbean Red

This is my only pepper hotter than a habanero that is starting to throw out pods and is a whopping 3.5-4 inches tall. Also it is the most unhealthy plant I have and think that its not going to make it. Whats up with this plant ? Any ideas..................

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 47
I am having the same issue man with my chocolate moruga scorpion...actually our issue looks very similar except mine has a few more leaves ...here is a pic of mine..not trying to jack your thread just showing for comparison and will keep my eye out on this thread cause I have the same issue....I did top this plant though and after it started acting like this ..

dash 2 said:

Yes. And whatever you do, don't cut off any more leaves!  ;)
I cut the leaves because they were yellowing and dying. 

FYI- we will be having 3-4 consecutive days over 100* starting today. Should I take it out of the sun ? 

If it were my plant, I'd stick it out in the sun. The only thing that's gonna fix that plant's problems is photosynthesis. It's probably working on bulking up it's root system now that it's in a bigger pot. Once it's happy with the size of its root system, it should start to take off, as Spicy Mushroom said.
     It's been my experience that Caribbean reds are resilient, vigorous plants. Give it all the sunlight it can stand (keep an eye on it for wilting, if it's not used to lots of sun), and let it do it's thing. If it pulls through, cool. If not… well, there are always runts that just won't make it no matter what we, as gardeners, do or wish for.

dash 2 said:
     If it were my plant, I'd stick it out in the sun. The only thing that's gonna fix that plant's problems is photosynthesis. It's probably working on bulking up it's root system now that it's in a bigger pot. Once it's happy with the size of its root system, it should start to take off, as Spicy Mushroom said.
     It's been my experience that Caribbean reds are resilient, vigorous plants. Give it all the sunlight it can stand (keep an eye on it for wilting, if it's not used to lots of sun), and let it do it's thing. If it pulls through, cool. If not… well, there are always runts that just won't make it no matter what we, as gardeners, do or wish for.
Its been outside for a month already. So its not afraid of it lol

Doesn't necessarily have to be fish emulsion that's just what a lot of us here use to give our plants nitrogen when we don't want to use chemical certs. If you are going all natural or organic, I recommend fish emulsion and seaweed extract, if you are not concerned, I would recommend a 24-8-16 or similar Mg or other synthetic high nitrogen blend. I would recommend using it at 1\4 strength, since the plant is so small. Good luck!

SavinaRed said:
I will have to buy some fish emulsion. How much should I apply to this plant ?
I would give it whatever the dosage on the package suggests. The stuff I have calls for 5ml of fish emulsion per liter of water.
Its quite safe compared to many ferts, not much chance of burning your plants so you should be ok with the suggested dosage.   
edit; the fish emulsion I have is NPK 5, 0.5, 1 i think, so its quite weak.

nzchili said:
I would give it whatever the dosage on the package suggests. The stuff I have calls for 5ml of fish emulsion per liter of water.
Its quite safe compared to many ferts, not much chance of burning your plants so you should be ok with the suggested dosage.   
edit; the fish emulsion I have is NPK 5, 0.5, 1 i think, so its quite weak.
OK thanks for the friendly advice !!!

Back