• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics My first attempt at AACT, with pics!!

ok, so after reading the huge thread on AACT, I decided that I needed to make some for my garden. I filled up four 5 gallon buckets with 4 gallons, then one more bucket with 5 gallons. I got my paint strainer and put in 2 cups worm castings, 1/2 cup seabird guano, 1 tbs fish emulsion, 1 tbs kelp emulsion, 3 tbs Myco, 2 tbs molasses, and a handful of fresh grass clippings. This is the tea after 30 hours:
DSCI0005_zpsf20af899.jpg

so, since it's about noon here now, i'll wait about another 7 hours and mix my tea with a 1:5 ratio, and dispense 25 gallons of it in my garden. I'm planning on soaking the soil, and spraying my peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchinis with it. My corn won't get any tea, as i'm doing a different kind of fert schedule with it. The tea seems to be coming along nicely so far. I think i'll start using it every week, and just plain waterings in between the tea applications. The black rod you see on top of the bucket is holding my bag of ingredients.

thanks, there was so much info in the AACT thread that it was a little overwhelming at first. But I think I got the basics of it: fungus (myco) + food (castings, guano, grass), and air (60 gallon aquarium pump with 1 large and 2 small air stones. I was afraid that my water wouldn't give the best results, being full of algae, but it didn't seem to hurt the foam head I've got going on now. I plan on using the seabird guano for a week or so, and then start mixing in some bat guanos later to even out the n-p-k.

Yeah... AACT isnt very difficult despite all of the lingo and technical jargon.  Congratz on your first attempt.  The foam looks beautiful. 

well, it's all on the garden now. 25 gallons total for everything worked out fairly well. I think I might try and get a 50 gallon barrel and use it next time, so I can use my water pump to water the entire garden at once with 50 gallons of Tea.

Back